Dining Plan or not? Help needed please!

I think the hole might be cost or the thoughts of the cost.
If you are on the dining plan and you go to a restaurant the cost is the same no matter if you buy the $40 steak or the $17 salad. So you might lean at getting the steak. But if you do the gift cards then you are more apt to choose the $17 salad instead of the $40 steak to save money.

That is one reason we like the dining plan is so when I am on vacation that I don't have to think/stress about money especially during meals.

But this goes both ways...what if you're on the DDP and you REALLY want the salad? You've "paid" for the steak or more expensive entrees, and if you get the salad, you're losing money.

And, by the way, 90% of 1TS restaurants' steak entrees are UNDER $30, and nowhere near the $40 you propose.

We did the Gift Cards when we went in April. We actually bought $100 ones at BJ's Wholesale Club, which sells them at a slight discount. But instead of carrying around gift cards we charged to the room and stopped by the front desk and paid the charges with the gift cards. We also had some cash, as there is a hot dog stand on the Boardwalk that is a must for DH and DS, and it only takes cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter