Dining Plan & OOP Question

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
This is probably a silly question(s). I can't even make my ADR's for 6 months but I know if I don't ask now I will forget. We have a 6 night 7 day trip planned. I have about 7 TS meals that I want to try. I will be paying OOp for at least one (or 2) meals. Can I just pick which meals I will pay for OOP or does this get decided for me? If I have my KTTW card for charging privelages does this mess up the DP or at the very least make everything very confusing?
Hope his post makes sense and thanks.

We're doing the same thing. For those meals on the DDP, tell your server before ordering that you're on the DDP. For the other meal(s) OOP, just going to tell them to charge your KTTW/resort ID. We're there 5 nights and have 6 TS ADRs plus we'll be ordering room service at least once.

We've done that in the past and it was not a problem. Should you run into any problems, you can get it resolved through your resort's front desk.

I never even thought of that, great question! We usually charge everything to our KTTW card. I planned on charging breakfast and use the DDP for lunch and dinner. So how do you distinguish between OOP and DDP in this case?

We're doing the same thing. For those meals on the DDP, tell your server before ordering that you're on the DDP. For the other meal(s) OOP, just going to tell them to charge your KTTW/resort ID. We're there 5 nights and have 6 TS ADRs plus we'll be ordering room service at least once.

We've done that in the past and it was not a problem. Should you run into any problems, you can get it resolved through your resort's front desk.
Thank you. Now I will have to keep paperwork on the trip...I will just hand everything to my DH...the human file cabinet.

I never even thought of that, great question! We usually charge everything to our KTTW card. I planned on charging breakfast and use the DDP for lunch and dinner. So how do you distinguish between OOP and DDP in this case?

We typically charge CS breakfasts to our room (OOP) and use our DDP credits for lunch (CS) and dinner (TS). We're going to have breakfast at 'Ohana one morning and pay OOP and also at least 1 room service breakfast, also OOP. I usually look through the allearsnet.com menus and pick the cheaper ones to pay OOP.

We'll be doing the same for our upcoming trip. We plan on trying out 3 of the signature restaurants for dinner so to make up for that we plan on paying OOP for some meals.

At CRT we have paid OOP when we made reservations I think you can do that for other character meals but I'm not sure. If you do it at the restaurant make sure you remind them that your paying OOP at the end of the meal because we had a mix up at Sci-fi they used our TS credits instead of charging it and it took awhile to fix it.

We did this on our recent trip - just let your server know. You can even do it at the same meal - paying OOP for some and DDP for others. Note that thre will be 2 receipts and you'll have to add gratuity to the cash one. You can charge the OOP to KTTW, credit card or even cash.

This can be a saving grace if kids really don't want the kids meal - just pay OOP for an adult one.

We did this on our recent trip - just let your server know. You can even do it at the same meal - paying OOP for some and DDP for others. Note that thre will be 2 receipts and you'll have to add gratuity to the cash one. You can charge the OOP to KTTW, credit card or even cash.

This can be a saving grace if kids really don't want the kids meal - just pay OOP for an adult one.
This post really helps. I was wondering if we are on the DDP and we go somewhere and order alcoholic drinks...pay the meal w/ the DDP and the drinks (+tax & tip) with the KTTW card hopefully we won't have a huge mess on our hands. But I think you post cleared it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter