Dining plan - is this allowed?

shelby101301

Mouseketeer
My dad is staying on property 7 days with standard dining but only going to parks 4 days. He wants to know if he can use the remaining three credits towards a meal with us at a sit down. Is this allowed? Will the server apply extra credits is asked?

Thx

No, you can't use the credits for anyone but the purchaser (unless everyone is staying in the same hotel room, booked on the same package,) but YMMV. That being said, you don't need to using the dining IN the parks, in fact, some of the best dining is outside of the parks. Boma is highly recommended. If you want character dining, 1900 park fare will be an amazing experience for dinner, especially if he shows up 'unattached.' I personally loved the Fulton's Crab house (would use 2 table credits) Or he could use multiple table credits for the days he's in the parks. Epcot has the best choices for these, including Le Celliers. *Dies at the memory of the steak...* And I don't even like steak!

Or, the better thing to do is not get the dining plan at all. Cost wise, it's usually very ineffective to use it for adults.

Unless he is staying in the same room as you, then he will not be able to use his credits to purchase meals for you.

My dad is staying on property 7 days with standard dining but only going to parks 4 days. He wants to know if he can use the remaining three credits towards a meal with us at a sit down. Is this allowed? Will the server apply extra credits is asked?

Thx

Dining has nothing to do with how many days he goes into the park. The credits for everyone in the room are put together on the magic bands....and they can be used only by the people in the room. That said, however, if, for example, Mom and Dad in a room and have 7 credits each....so there is a total of 14 TS credits. They are not limited to a certain number each day, nor are they designated to particular adults in that room....Mom can use more than her half if she wants. The exception to that is of course, Mom and Dad are adults and can only use the age 10+ credits.....kids can't use those and Mom/Dad can't use the under 9 credits.

So, if I understand your question correctly, yes, Dad can still use his credits even if he doesn't go to the parks everyday.

However, if the restaurant is INSIDE a park.....he has to have a ticket to get into the park....dining credits/reservations do not include admission to the park. So if he only bought a 4 day ticket and used all 4 days, he can't get into a park to eat. So choose the non-park restaurants for his non-park days.

The server cannot allow him to use his credits to pay for you, unless you are all on the same reservation/room.

If he is on a package by himself, his info (used to be the room key, I assume they see it now when the scan his magic band will say 1A, meaning there is one adult on the reservation, and he can use only one TS credit.

If there are 3 of you in the same room and the same package, the "card" would say 3A (assuming all adults). That would allow 3 meal credits to be used at the same TS meal.

We went with extended family and 2 of our rooms were on DDP and two were not, on our second to last night and last day our pooled leftover credits for the two diners not on DDP were used. We did not ask, randomly both instances the server incorrectly used the credits, which happened to work in our favor since we had unused credits. So it can happen, but I wouldn't count on it since it's not supposed to happen.

Tickets - you can always add extra days as long as you are within your 14 days from the first day of use. We have added extra days towards the end of our trip. And the cost is minimal at that point so if he would like to add days to those tickets he can.

Dining - so it's your Dad and your brother for 7 nights so they have 7 days of the Dining Plan. 7 Table, 7 Counter and 7 Snacks.
- He can only use as many credits as there are guests at one time. So if there is a table of 2, he uses 2 because there are 2 on their reservation. If there are a table of 4, he uses 2 because he can not use more than is on the reservation aka he and your brother.
- He can use credits in any order he would like. EX: He can use 2 in the morning to go to a table service breakfast and then 2 again at night to go to a table service dinner.
- He can use at any table service that accepts it; parks, resorts or Downtown Disney, pizza delivery and room service.
- Counter Service credit he can only use up to 2 at once BUT he could go to the counter and check out twice if he really wanted to. He could use them up in any time frame he wants, no rule of one per day.
- Snacks he can get 2 at a time. He could eat them all in one day if he wants. We like to save ours during Food & Wine and then use them all in one day because they have a good value there.
- They must be used by midnight on check out day or he loses them.

There's really nothing strange about having 4-day tickets with a 7-night package. But he does know that his dining plan can be used outside of the parks, right? The best dining at WDW is definitely outside of the parks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter