Dining Plan Help

Dizznee Freak

Mouseketeer
We are returning to WDW this May for our daughters graduation trip. We are contemplating getting the dining plan for this trip. My question is more of a concern. My concern is that we could get caught in the same predicament you can get into with FP+, that is running from one reservation to the other in order to make it on time or am I just over thinking this waay too much ( I have been known to do this)?

If you just do the regular DDP (1 TS, 1 QS........however many snacks) you should be fine..........the Deluxe DDP is overwhelming........you spend all your time eating or going to meals......its exhausting. Since you may need to make ADR decisions at day 180.........you really need to have a plan for your touring in place. That is especially true if you have a TS meal planned that's a tough one...........like CRT or Cali Grill. What I've seen is most people get crazy when they make the ADR choices and they don't line up well with their touring. For example.........a breakfast ADR at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge and you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge.......If you have a car your ok..........otherwise you'll need to plan an Uber or taxi.

Best of luck on your decision and trip!

Doug :goofy:

Yeah, the question isn't so much DDP-specific as it is "I have a lot of ADRs". The advice above is the most important - make sure your ADRs and park touring plans complement each other so you're not running all over the park (or resort!).

For example, if in Epcot, you probably don't want to schedule your Soarin' FP+ near the time you have planned for lunch at Akerhaus.

We are going in June for my oldest son's graduation as well. We also have a 16 year old son, they both eat, and they eat lots! We have the deluxe dining plan, that way they can pick what ever they want and I do not feel like I am telling no, they cannot have something...Just personal preference on my part. We have 2 meals a day planned, a late breakfast/early lunch and a signature later in the day. Sometimes we are done after dinner, and sometimes we go back to whatever pack is open late. This is just what seems to work for us, we typically are not open to close kind of people in the parks, we usually take a break in the middle of the day with the heat in Florida in June.

Keep in mind the DDP is not designed to save money. If it's the regular plan then you typically only have one ADR per day. I can't imagine getting the Deluxe Plan. It's waaay too much for most people.

Unless you are like us and eat a late bfast or early lunch and a late signature every night. :thumbsup2 Planning is the key. 2 meals a day is not exhausting.
I guess its a point of view. But you are so correct in that planning is the key. I enjoy the TS breakfast...........and if you link it with a TS dinner that can be fine..............again every day of the trip....that's a bit to much for us. The question in the end is subjective............you have to know your group. :)

I guess its a point of view. But you are so correct in that planning is the key. I enjoy the TS breakfast...........and if you link it with a TS dinner that can be fine..............again every day of the trip....that's a bit to much for us. The question in the end is subjective............you have to know your group. :)

We usually eat about two late TS breakfasts and the rest 11:00 am early lunches to go with the night time signature. Sig Dinner to us is the perfect family get together to talk about the day, what is going on afterwards and highlight the plans for the next day. Great sit down meal with lots of family togetherness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter