Dining plan for 1

cblgirl2001

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney from 12/3-12/10. I am not sure if I should upgrade to the dining package. I know that it is $35/day, but I have not been to Disney in 10 years and have no idea if this is a good price. I am also going alone. Please let me know what you think :earsgirl:

It is a reasonable price if you are going to some of the more expensive sit down restaurants.

An example I can give you is that the bill for 2 for Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot was $120! It was well worth the $70 we had paid that day for we also got a counter service meal and a snack in addition to the Le Cellier meal.

I wouldn't do it unless you would take advantage of the more expensive table service meals.

Hope this helps!

Joanne

Probably not. The reason is that it is a TON of food.

I eat like a bird, so I split counter service with boyfriend and we stretch credits further, but if it was just me, I'd be ordering just appetizers or soup. (last le Cellier was just cheese soup and pretzel bread and I was stuffed).

If you think you can eat 1Counter Appetizer/1coutner entree/1counter drink/1counter dessert/1 snack/1 table appetizer/1 table entree/1 table drink/1 table dessert and still have room, GO FOR IT! IT IS A GREAT VALUE!

If all this food every day of the trip will have you stuffed to the gills, it would be more economical to do non-dining plan.

The ONLY exception would be if you plan to do 2for1 meals, like Hoop De Doo/Luau/Artist's Point/Brown Derby/etc, where they take 2 table service credits as payment for one meal. That would leave you with a few bites of rest over the course of your trip.
-Tina.

If you plan on eating at a table service restaurant (esp dinner) and getting counter service each day you will definitely save by getting the dining plan. Dinner would easily cost you $30 and that isn't necessarily ordering an appy, entree and dessert.
Just think about where and what types of meals you will eat. I personally don't think that a counter service meal and a sit down meal all in one day is too much food for a normal person. We usually eat 3 TS meals a day but this trip will be on the dining plan and eating TS breakfast and dinner with a CS lunch.

Actually, the meal plan can make sense even without "maxing" the plan.

If you consider that you are paying $8 for a CS meal including tax, add a $2 drink, then you are paying $25 for a TS dinner that includes tax, tip, and drink.

It would be difficult to have a TS meal at most of the better resturants in WDW without spending at LEAST $25 for an entree, drink, tax, and tip. Add in a dessert if you want and an appetizer if you want, and you are WAY over your $25.

Throw in another free soda or water for the day at $2 plus tax, and you'd have to work pretty hard not to spend $35 a day for your two meals and a drink.

If you don't want TS meals the meal plan does not make sense, but if you want to use the TS resturants, then it makes $'s and sense.

I was on the premium plan with b/l/dinner each day and it was great eating at the restraurants. I really liked using it at Jiko and at one of the dtd places.

I'm not sure it would be a good value if you plan to eat at signature restaurants requiring two TS credits. For those meals, you've essentially paid $70 (although you get two CS and two snacks for that as well). You'd probably eat very nicely at a signature restaurant for less than that (unless you have wine -- but you have to pay extra for wine anyway as it's not included in the Dining Plan).

I only meant that signature restaurants would be good for me, as I CAN'T eat all that food every day, so being able to eat some signature food would lessen my meal plan by a credit, and work the plan a little more economically for me. Else I would have tons of CS credits after.
-T.

Dont forget the counter service meals can be used as breakfast as well.

I am going solo - and I plan to do the Dining Plan. I find that if I eat breakfast - have a snack somewhere in the day - I am good to go til dinner. Especially if you push your dinner time til 8pm or so.

The only way this would not be a good deal for anyone - but particularly a solo Disney traveler is if you are uncomfortable eating a meal at a table by yourself. Especially a table where you order off of the menu.

Buffets are easier for some solos than ordering off the menu - because there is very limited time where you are waiting for your food.

DizzKnee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter