Dining Plan Credit... Help!

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
I cannot figure out what the total amount of dining plan credits booked so far comes out to. Can someone take a look and tell me how many credits this is?

Mama Melrose (D) (1 TS Credit)
Chef Mickey's (B) (2 TS Credits)
Sanaa (L) (1 TS Credit)
Tiffins (D) (1 TS Credit)
Skipper Canteen (L) (1 TS Credit)
BOG (D) (1 TS Credit)
50s Prime (L) (1 TS Credit)
Ohana (D) (1 TS Credit)
Cinderella's Royal Table (B) (2 TS Credit)

Totaling 11 TS Credits... right?? I am finding conflicting info on Ohana Dinner and Tiffins Dinner

Thanks!!!

Chef Mickey's is 1 TS credit
Ohana is only 1 - so that's correct
Tiffins is 2 TS credits

So it is still 11 TS credits!

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! I am willing to change Mama Melrose but want to catch the fireworks in January and can add in a breakfast here or there. Or should I save them and just grab a quick bite someplace around the monorail {suggestions on that would be awesome too!}?

Thanks!!!

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears! I am willing to change Mama Melrose but want to catch the fireworks in January and can add in a breakfast here or there. Or should I save them and just grab a quick bite someplace around the monorail {suggestions on that would be awesome too!}?

Thanks!!!
you have nothing in epcot but there are so many wonderful restaurants there. I would find oen there.

Thanks!!!
I recommend Teppan Edo in EPCOT.

You need Epcot. I liked San Angel Inn. The atmosphere was pretty darn nice and the food was delicious.
Coral Reef can be hit or miss, but I do love the atmosphere.
Teppan Edu was a lot of fun and the food was good!
Rose & Crown is one of our favorites.

I like Mama Melrose.

Also I suggest that you know exactly how many credits you have and have used when on trip, just in case a Restaurant accidentally charges more credits for the meal (double charges).
This happened to us on our last trip and I was helped by the manager from the restaurant we were eating (Kona Cafe') at to get Credits refunded from a different Restaurant (Yak & Yeti)we had eaten at the night before (which double charged us).
Manager was very helpful, don't hesitate to ask for help. I will also be keeping all of my dining receipts this trip, just in case, technology fails me.

Also we will be trying Tiffins this upcoming trip, looking forward to it.

From your list I counted 12 Credits when I added the Tiffins at 2 credits--I think Chef mickeys has gone to 2 Credits, that's what I've been reading but don't know for sure. Maybe someone else knows the correct Credits for CM.

Last edited:
From your list I counted 12 Credits when I added the Tiffins at 2 credits--I think Chef mickeys has gone to 2 Credits, that's what I've been reading but don't know for sure. Maybe someone else knows the correct Credits for CM.

A few weeks ago, there was an "accidental" release of information on Disney's website that showed several of the character buffets going to 2 TS credits. Only after the Disney community become very verbal about their concern in this regard, did Disney backtrack and say that was not the case. In other words, at this time Chef Mickeys is still 1 TS. :teeth: Accident my . . .

A few weeks ago, there was an "accidental" release of information on Disney's website that showed several of the character buffets going to 2 TS credits. Only after the Disney community become very verbal about their concern in this regard, did Disney backtrack and say that was not the case. In other words, at this time Chef Mickeys is still 1 TS. :teeth: Accident my . . .
I thought we had determined that Chef Mickey and some other character restaurants are having a special Thanksgiving meal that will be 2 credits, and the information on the website mistakenly published that information for the entire restaurant rather than just the one special meal. So, yes, an accident.

I thought we had determined that Chef Mickey and some other character restaurants are having a special Thanksgiving meal that will be 2 credits, and the information on the website mistakenly published that information for the entire restaurant rather than just the one special meal. So, yes, an accident.
Many do not think it was an accident, including the owner of disboards. It was discussed at length in his Podcast. I honestly do not care either way, but Disney has been known to test the waters this way.

So do you see me at 11 or 12 credits here?

I'm so torn on adding another restaurant or not. I don't think we are getting to Epcot on this end of our split stay (we have it at the first part). Any thoughts on Whispering Canyon for breakfast? And getting from GF to WL at 7 am? I'm not sure the monorail to the Contemporary and then the boat to WL would be much fun at 6am??

So do you see me at 11 or 12 credits here?

You are currently at 11 credits. :thumbsup2 There are tons of great options at Epcot for 1 TS. If you are looking to get the best value for your DDP credits, use for lunch/dinner - not breakfast. If you don't care, then many of the breakfast buffets are good options, i.e. Akershus at Epcot, Crystal Palace at MK, Tusker House at AK. Actually, the character breakfast buffets are a decent option even using DDP.

Last edited:
Also could be convinced to change MM to HBD.... Maybe

My personal opinion, and remember that is all it is, is that HBD is not worth 2 TS. I have always had good meals at MM, but not everyone enjoys it. I have been fortunate enough to be able to use my 1 TS for the Fantasmic Dinner Package which includes the appetizer and they have always let us get a flatbread for the appetizer. With the steak, non-alcoholic drink and trio of mini desserts [which is the only negative], you can really do well using the DDP.

My personal opinion, and remember that is all it is, is that HBD is not worth 2 TS. I have always had good meals at MM, but not everyone enjoys it. I have been fortunate enough to be able to use my 1 TS for the Fantasmic Dinner Package which includes the appetizer and they have always let us get a flatbread for the appetizer. With the steak, non-alcoholic drink and trio of mini desserts [which is the only negative], you can really do well using the DDP.

That's how I'm feeling. I really like the way we have this leg of the trip played out and the TS credits changing on me really threw me for a loop. Now I'm hoping to figure out where to add something in bc I hate feeling like I'm wasting any credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter