Dining Plan at Seaworld - does everyone have to get it?

moreisgood

Falling in love
I'll be taking my two children. I can see where they would want chicken nuggets at every meal, but I'd like to order off the menus, with no restrictions. Can I get the dining plan for just them?

Sharing is prohibited specifically - but I have never seen anything stating that all members in a party must have the plan. But hopefully they will be getting more than nuggets each meal (like snacks of some type) otherwise I am not sure it would be worth the cost to get it for them.

With the DP they offer can you eat snacks at the carts or only in the restaurants?

Last time we were there (Summer 2015), the DP allowed you a BOGO on snacks in the carts. We never took advantage, didn't need to really. Plus, we already paid for dining, why pay more? I eat too many churros anyway...

so basically I have to eat at the four or five restaurants that participate in the dp and that eating at any carts would cost me money.

We had the ADDP. Not everyone needs to get the plan. You can actually purchase the plan when you check out at the participating restaurants. They put a wristband on you wrist for the day.

You get a lot of food with the plan. 1 main meal, 1 side and a drink. The side could be a salad, French fries, fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries), cake and cookies (DS13 loved the cookies.) The main meal could already include the french fries, so you would still get to pick a side. The restaurants are actually spread out enough that when you get thirsty or need a snack, there would be a semi-close restaurant. We loved the Seafire (fajitas were yummy and so were the chicken tenders!) and Spice Mill (burgers, chicken sandwiches) and hated the Smokehouse. There's also a pizza place and a few others around the park. You get a lot with your meal and might not want too many snacks.

Depending on how long the parks were open, I would definitely consider getting it again. We had a late lunch, dinner, and a late dinner before we left. 3 meals for $34.99 plus several hot chocolates. Nice!

I did a trip report on the Universal TR forum with some food pictures. It starts "I Won a Trip to Sea World !?! ....)

We had the ADDP. Not everyone needs to get the plan. You can actually purchase the plan when you check out at the participating restaurants. They put a wristband on you wrist for the day.

You get a lot of food with the plan. 1 main meal, 1 side and a drink. The side could be a salad, French fries, fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries), cake and cookies (DS13 loved the cookies.) The main meal could already include the french fries, so you would still get to pick a side. The restaurants are actually spread out enough that when you get thirsty or need a snack, there would be a semi-close restaurant. We loved the Seafire (fajitas were yummy and so were the chicken tenders!) and Spice Mill (burgers, chicken sandwiches) and hated the Smokehouse. There's also a pizza place and a few others around the park. You get a lot with your meal and might not want too many snacks.

Depending on how long the parks were open, I would definitely consider getting it again. We had a late lunch, dinner, and a late dinner before we left. 3 meals for $34.99 plus several hot chocolates. Nice!

I did a trip report on the Universal TR forum with some food pictures. It starts "I Won a Trip to Sea World !?! ....)
Are you able to grab some food and then take it to a show and eat?

Are you able to grab some food and then take it to a show and eat?

We have taken pizza from Seaport to Shamu Stadium to eat while we waited for the show to start. We had no problems at all. But, the seating is bench-style (and there are constantly people trying to squeeze past you to the stairway or to other empty seats) so its not always the most comfortable for dining there.

Also...I am not sure that Pets Ahoy or the other indoor venue (where Oh Wondrous Night is featured at Christmas....is that the Nautilus Theatre?) would allow any kind of food to be brought in. Just something to keep in mind!

We were able to bring food into the Pets Ahoy. I was a little surprised, but other people were bringing in food also. Not to say that might change though.

DS13 was hungry for a snack so I sent him into one of the restaurants for a drink and side (he chose grapes.) I really liked that. Drinks are sodas, ice tea, milk and hot chocolate if I remember right. A nice variety and we loved the hot chocolate on the cooler night.

It is a pretty lax system. You get your food, your show them your wristband, and then you're free to sit or go wherever you'd like. I think the kids even include the souvenir bucket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter