Dining Plan: April: No more dessert at TS, 2 snacks instead???

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzimar57

Miss my Happy Place.
Just read on another thread ("It Use To Be Easy To Eat") that someone said starting in April, dessert will no longer be available at TS - instead, you will get 2 snack credits (not 1) per day - anyone else hear about this?

Don't quote me on this but I believe the plan used to be 1ts, 1cs and 2 snacks with no dessert included in one of the meals, the 1+1+1 w/desserts is the new plan. I rec'd a postcard in January with that change outlined. I think maybe someone has the change backwards. I could be wrong! Anyone?

I just downloaded the MYW dining pdf from the disney site last night and it doesn't indicate any changes.

Today is the first I've read about this. I've thought about it a bit and figure it would be much better for us. We like having dessert long after dinner, instead of being forced to have it right after we just ate a big meal. I'm not sure if it would be enough to get us to do the DDP (we still want to eat at mostly Signature restaurants :() but it definitely makes the DDP more attractive to us.

We did the dining plan in January, and we had 1 TS (appetizer and dessert included), 1 CS (dessert included) and 1 snack per person per night stay.

We did have "trouble" using our snack credits, so I can't imagine trying to use 2 per day!

dreamscometrue47 said:
We did the dining plan in January, and we had 1 TS (appetizer and dessert included), 1 CS (dessert included) and 1 snack per person per night stay.

We did have "trouble" using our snack credits, so I can't imagine trying to use 2 per day!
This si the part I dont understand. I have read about a lot of people having snack credits left over. When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

we were there in end of december, and we had dessert with each ts & cs. i hope they don't change from this. i love that chocolate cake at the cs places.

as far as the snacks go, on the way out of mk on our last day, my dd got an ice cream, and we just got 4 bottled waters to take with to use them up.

My kid's will each want a popcorn each day. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a early popcorn and a late Mickey bar.

But I would prefer to keep the dessert with dinner. I don't care about the desert with lunch. You would think that if they got rid of a desert, it would be the lunch desert, not the TS.

This is another family that doesn't want to see it changed. When we went in August we had a hard time using are snack credits, I wouldn't want to per day. I like the idea of having desert, after all we are on vacation so heck with the diet. We do drink in between meals, we try to get the cups that can be refilled. With three kids this is a much better option for us.

I know I read that in 2006 you no longer get dessert with your CS is you choose to use it for breakfast. I have not heard this other. But there are a lot of people going in April and May on these boards. I would think others would have received this letter. Anyone else out there?????????????

I have not received a letter and I am going in July. I would like to think they would have notified me about a change at this point. :confused3

My ressie states 1 TS , 1 CS, and 1 snack credit per day per person

PoohHappens said:
I know I read that in 2006 you no longer get dessert with your CS is you choose to use it for breakfast. I have not heard this other. But there are a lot of people going in April and May on these boards. I would think others would have received this letter. Anyone else out there?????????????

Actually, it's no dessert for breakfast for both CS and TS.

At first I just assumed that someone misread the no dessert w/breakfast info, but they specifically say that snacks are increased to 2.

Give up a great dessert like the Chocolate Wave for an extra snack? Add me to the ones who would be disappointed. And those who base the plan only on the monetary value would be losing out.

I'm actually speechless for once!

ShellyMouse posted on the other thread she's on hold right now to confirm this.

:scared: Please no changes, I loved it the way it was!!! Dessert is such a treat for us because we usually never order it. We had sufficient snack credits to do us even though we did use them each and every one. :worried:

Im going April 22 and my confirmation states 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day.

When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

I agree, except that I will be using mine for Diet Coke.

I'm using the plan in September, with DVC so I don't pay for it until I get there... and I think I'd rather have the dessert. I could very well go for two Diet Cokes a day, but I'd rather buy one and have my dessert prepaid. I'm sure, though, that WDW might take into account that a Diet Coke costs much less than a table service dessert at dinner.

If we decide to do the plan & they switch the snack credits, we would have 72 snacks!

jjohnson said:
If we decide to do the plan & they switch the snack credits, we would have 72 snacks!

:rotfl2: I thought this was so funny - until I realized we would have 70. :eek: I so hope the CM's are correct & this isn't going to happen.

I can't imagine taking away the desserts for the TS. That's what I look forward to, since I don't usually order dessert when we go out.

Have we even gotten any confirmation from the rumor, itself, that the snack credits cannot themselves be used for dessert? I haven't heard about that one way or another yet, today.

I hope this doesn't happen either , We would have 70 snack credits too. :worried: Thats alot :eek:
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter