• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dining plan and tickets

Martin Holder

Earning My Ears
Looking for some advice in regards Virgin and the Disney dining plan. I just enquired about a holiday for December 2017, a week on I drive and week in Disney hotel. Price included tickets and dining plan but I was told that if we use Disney tickets before staying on site they would be voided if we had the dining plan! We would have to buy tickets separately for each week or stay onsite the first week. This is news to me and I think unfair. Is this the norm?

You are only getting the 7 day ticket with Virgin offer by the looks of it. Could you not ring them and ask to upgrade to a 14 day ticket, but stick with 7 day dining plan? You are right it does seem unfair.

I think that the rules for this changed a year or so ago, and since then you can no longer get your tickets early when booked as a package that includes dining. I think you will have to do the Disney part first I am afraid

Whilst it may seem unfair the rules that Disney have laid down is to get a DDP as part of your package you must buy tickets as part of the package and they can not be accessed prior to your check in onsite.

We were also told we had to do the Disney part first if we wanted the free dining - bit annoying but worth it to get the deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter