• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan and 1 day park ticket

shebjo

Mouseketeer
I am a little confused and I know this may be a stupid question but got to ask. In order to get the the DDP (free or not) - I know you must have a package deal of hotel and tickets and the dining plan purchased must be for everyone on your reservation and is for the number of nights of your reservation but why is it that you just have to buy park tckets for 1 day minimum? I know that the restaurants in the parks mostly require park admission and the Dining Plan is 3 nights minimum ...so why would they not required you to buy a 3 park ticket at the minimum to use DDP? Is this because some people on DDP dont plan to eat at the parks but instead eat at Downtown Disney and Disney hotels where you don't need park admission?

I'm not an expert, but I'm going to say it's because the plan is based on how many nights your reservation is for, not how many days you go to a park.

I think maybe it might be because alot of people already have the annual pass? Then they would just have to purchase the one day ticket also. Not sure though.

I think maybe it might be because alot of people already have the annual pass.

This was exactly the case for us. We just went to disney during Easter and snagged the 4/3 deal....but we have annual passes so we just got the 1-day ticket and will upgrade them to new annual passes next trip.

In the past we converted our one day tickets to Annual Passes. Has anyone been allowed to convert the one day tickets to Water Park annual passes?
Thanks,
Ron

I am a little confused and I know this may be a stupid question but got to ask. In order to get the the DDP (free or not) - I know you must have a package deal of hotel and tickets and the dining plan purchased must be for everyone on your reservation and is for the number of nights of your reservation but why is it that you just have to buy park tckets for 1 day minimum?
Except under two point five specific conditions, the Dining Plan is available only as part of a Disney Magic Your Way Vacation Package.
The MYW Vacation Package = room plus tickets. The ticket purchase with this package has never had to match the number of room nights. The Dining Plan, however, does need to match.

exception one: special military offer
exception two: Guests staying at DVC properties paying for the rooms with DVC points
exception point five: Annual Pass holder's do have to purchase a 'package' but it's a special package that - because they already committed so much money to park admission (at least that's my interpretation :)) does not require additional ticket purchase

In my case we are going for a quick trip in Sept and running in the everest challenge. That race includes a ticket. We are also going to MNSSHP and will use that as our only ticket that day. Because of this we only needed one day park ticket. HTH

As an AP holder I have gone every year for free dining (and will be going for it again this Sept), having to buy a one day ticket each and every trip. I also took advantage of the buy four, get three nights free offer for my May trip (again having to buy a one day ticket, in order to get the DDP). I then used a 40% off PIN code for my Dec reservation (again having to buy a one day MYW ticket in order to get the DDP again). Since they will let you use only one ticket each time to renew or upgrade to an AP every year, I am glad that one day tickets are all I have to buy to get the promotions I want. If I had to buy length of stay tickets in order to use these promotions the promotion would not be worth it. Since I go to WDW several times a year an AP is what makes sense for me to use for park admission though. The extra one day tickets I have to buy in order to use the promotions I want are really useless. AP room discounts are not near as good as they used to be, so making AP holders buy length of stay passes in order to get the promotions just doesn't make sense. If length of stay passes were required for these promotions, I just wouldn't both getting an AP and then instead of going 4-6 times a year, I'd just use the promotions and go once a year. It's the ability to use the promotions in conjunction with my AP that keeps drawing me back. Ilove the DDP and can't imagine going without it. The promotions give me a better room discount or else free dining, but the AP takes care of my park admission for the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter