Dining Plan Advice

LC30

DIS Veteran
Hello. We have a 2 day dining plan for table service. I've been reading books and it says it's not a good deal. Any advice on if this is true?

Thank you in advance!

Just make sure that you order stuff that makes it a good deal! Keep your meals on the pricier side and you'll work out just fine.

We did the dining plan on our last trip. It included table service, quick service and a snack and an extra drink.

We thought it went well. We made sure to eat well at the table service places so we got our monies worth.

We used the snack credit at Cinnabon for breakfast. We also were able to purchase bottles of sodas with our drink credit so we had something to take back to our room.

I looked at the counter service plan, but the drinks are what make it not worth it for us - with refillable mugs, we can get drinks for $0.99, so the one drink with the meal and one later is a total money loss. (Yes, I know we could get "pricier" bottled drinks, but we wouldn't.)

I agree that it depends on what you're ordering. Just like Disney, the dining plan is meant to be a convenience rather than an outright savings. So while it COULD be a savings, you may lose money or break even.

The QS plan made sense for us one day last trip. At Universal, you can purchase the dining plan as you go. We purchased it while dining at Three Broomsticks because 2 adult QS plans cost the same as what we were ordering, and it gave us two snack credits to use before our trip ended. So that was a good value. If we hadn't been ordering the expensive entrees or butterbeer, it might not have made sense for us.

It depends on how you eat. You should be able to find menus with prices. Look up where you plan to eat and what you might order and you'll see if it's worth it for you.

For us, it wouldn't, but I'm aware that we don't eat like the average park goer. As for the QS plan, we do that on days when we have Three Broomsticks planned and Butterbeers but not the rest of the days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter