• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan 2016 - Help!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hello,

I've only ever used the dining plan once before and that was back in 2010 so I'm a bit out of practice. I have it free in 2016 though and so have been doing a bit of research (only 4 months until I can book those meals . . .! :)).

I thought though that all restaurants within the theme parks and hotels were included within the plan, and it was just some restaurants in DTD that weren't. However this info on the DIS seems that show that a lot of the restaurants in World Showcase won't be included next year - is that right? It will be my boyfriends first trip to the World and I had a few restaurants that I wanted to show him that currently aren't showing as available. Grateful for any help please!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.htm#ddp2016

I would guess that that list is not complete. They haven't confirmed some of the other restaurants but most likely will. If you are going to make ADRs, I would go ahead and make them.

The restaurants that aren't Disney owned don't tend to opt in until the last minute so they don't show on the list as available in 2016, but they will be part of the Dining Plan in 2016. Base it on whether the restaurant is part of the plan in 2015 & if it is, it's all but guaranteed it will be part of it in 2016 too.

Disney restaurants cycle for the year in October, so they make it onto the next year's list. Third party restaurants don't cycle their contracts until December. So you won't see them on the list until then.

Most of the restaurants in World Showcase and all of the restaurants in Disney Springs are third party operated. It appears the Landry and Levy restaurants have already signed though. Plus there are a few other third party restaurants in various places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter