Dining Penalty Grace Period?

WLodgeLizard

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We have a reservation for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on the day we arrive. We are taking the Disneyland Resort Express and it will be pretty tight to make the first shuttle after we land (there is a wheelchair involved, always last off the plane). We will likely have to wait for the next shuttle which will take at least another hour.

How much grace time does Goofy's Kitchen give you before they charge the $10 per person penalty? If I call from the airport and have them adjust our time, would that be ok?

TIA

WLL

Which airport are you flying into?

The problem with being late is it can then cause issues for those with reservations after yours.

If you know now time is an issue, change the reservation time to what will work.

Call now and adjust your reservation. I've heard both 15 minutes and 30 minutes, but I would assume it's 15. I would NOT wait until you land to call about the reservation because there may be no space to move you only a few hours before your meal and you may then lose out entirely.

I would advise against ever making dinner plans when anything involves an airport or LA traffic. The chance that your plane may get in late and on top of that getting your luggage, plus dealing with a wheelchair, and the chance that traffic could be horrendous or there could be an accident that backs up traffic, I would move the reservation now so you have plenty of leeway.

I agree about changing your time beforehand. Give yourself plenty of time to make a reservation, especially for a popular choice like Goofy's. For what it's worth, we changed 2 of our reservations this week about 2 hours prior and had no problem either time. It did stress me out, though, and I don't recommend it!

We have always been told that the grace period is 15 minutes. It is up to the CM at the podium to decide about extending that or not. Sometimes we've been given an extra 10 minutes (e.g. the last 24 hour party when DL's gates had closed), but we don't count on it.

I agree that calling and changing your reservation time now would be your best option so you don't have to stress about that at the airport. If you wait until the last minute to try and change it, there may not be any openings available. There is no official grace period, so it depends on the CM at the podium, how busy the restaurant is, the restaurants own internal policies, etc. Personally, I think most places will give you at least 5 minutes because people's watches/clocks vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter