Dining Option

CharlieGirl

jack of all trades, master of none
My family and I are planning on staying at Portofino Bay. They have two specials that we are considering. The first is the kids stay, play and eat free and the second is the kids stay and play free. If we go with the stay, play and eat free package, it would be about $215 more than the stay and play package. My sons are 4 and 6 and can be quite picky eaters. With the food option package, we would get vouchers to eat at three of the eight restaurants at Portofino Bay and I believe they get to eat throughout the parks (can't remember what the rep. said. . . sorry!) The "catch" being that they only get to eat "free" when we dine. So if we don't want to eat at a voucher-assigned restaurant, we have to pay for all of our meals. So basically, we're trying to figure out if it would be worth it to pay the additional $215 for their meal vouchers, or just pay as we go for their meals? Thanks in advance!!

We are going to Universal in two weeks and staying on site for the first time, so I also had to educate myself about the plans. Disney is easy for me - Universal is a foreign language! I'm not sure how many nights you are staying, so I don't know if $215 additional is a good deal or night. We are staying three nights, and I found it to be least expensive to book a room with the AAA discount, then buy two adult tickets and get the kids' tickets free. I am not sure if they still have that deal, but the tickets can be used for five consecutive days (we will only use two or three), and we paid just over $200 total for tickets for all four of us. We don't go to Universal very often, and I want to be able to eat at Emeril's and Mythos and the other restaurants I have read about on the Universal board. For us, it was cheapest to book separately and pay for our meals. Hope this helps some!

Thanks for the info.

BTW, we'll be there a total of seven days, six nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter