dining on DDP and guests???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
Hello: We are staying on points and elected to take the DDP. We have another couple who are staying off-site coming with us. Can I use some of the meals on my DDP to pay for their meal when we eat together? In simple english, if 2 are on the plan, can 4 eat together using 4 meals of the plan? Thanks

... In simple english, if 2 are on the plan, can 4 eat together using 4 meals of the plan? Thanks

In simple english, no. DDP is not transferrable. You cannot purchase more meals than you have listed on your room ID. It will say on your card 2A. So you cannot purchase more than 2A at any meal.

I would think yes. When you make your reservation they will ask if you are on the Dining Plan (and you will be) so that info will be in the computer. They will verify this when you check in at the restaurant. When it comes time to pay, just give your server your resort id with the check and let him/her know that you are paying for the meal with the Dining Plan. So long as you have enough credits to cover the bill, I would be surprised if you have any problems.

Basically you can spend your dining credits however you wish.

Have fun!

No, if the DP is for 2 adults, you cannot use the DP to pay for 4 adults at the same meal. The other 2 adults can still eat with you, they/you just have to pay cash for their meals.

I am going to move this thread to the forum just for the DP. USe of the DP is the same no matter how you pay for it.

In simple english, no. DDP is not transferrable. You cannot purchase more meals than you have listed on your room ID. It will say on your card 2A. So you cannot purchase more than 2A at any meal.

Of course, I could be wrong!:goodvibes

In May 2006 we did this and YES. We (my husband and I) had the dining plan and our friends didn't. We went to a character dinner and used our DDP for everyone.....4 total. We had no problem, but they may have changed their rules since then.

In May 2006 we did this and YES. We (my husband and I) had the dining plan and our friends didn't. We went to a character dinner and used our DDP for everyone.....4 total. We had no problem, but they may have changed their rules since then.

They have. Well, actually, they are enforcing the same rules that were in place last year.

I believe they did JUST change them Jan 1st so that you could not do this. I beleive Deb & Bill is corredt that it now states how many adults/children are on the plan and you can use up to that amount each bill.

There have been a few very in-depth threads about the changes Jan 1...Disney is finally enforcing the rules and you will not be allowed to use dining credits for people who are not on the plan.

I have a similar less than comfortable situation. I will be treating 2 or 3 people once or twice on our vaca. I will have my guests go ahead to the lobby or giftshop while I settle the bill, or just put my debit card in with my room card (room card for DDp)Either would work out, since I can't treat them w/ credits

You can send your guests all the way home (never mind the lobby/gift shop), in an effort to 'hide' them, and still not be able to use your Disney Dining Plan credits to pay for their meals.

I have a similar less than comfortable situation. I will be treating 2 or 3 people once or twice on our vaca. I will have my guests go ahead to the lobby or giftshop while I settle the bill, or just put my debit card in with my room card (room card for DDp)Either would work out, since I can't treat them w/ credits

You should be able to put the whole thing on your room key without any problem . You will have two receipts...one for the meals on the DDP and one for your guests and also any alcohol or addons. But the guests don't have to pay if you want to treat them and certainly don't have to pay in cash.

I'm glad the new brochure clearly explains that guests can't be treated. We did treat guests on a trip last year. Both times, we didn't care if we used credits or the DDE for our guests and made that clear to our servers when asked if we wanted all meals on credits. But it now clear that it is no longer allowed and that makes it easier for everyone involved.

katydieeldr, Sweetness was not trying to use credits for her guests if I understood her post correctly?

Well this is a bummer. We were all set to use the plan except for this.

Our problem is that we don't arrive until 9pm the first night and then don't leave at 6am our departure day. That leaves our family of 4 with extra credits. We are visiting a friend and I was going to use the extra meals to pay for him when he is with us. :sad1:

BCV23 said:
katydieeldr, Sweetness was not trying to use credits for her guests if I understood her post correctly?
I think you're right, and I apologize. I read the "send them to wait somewhere else" as trying to fool the server; instead, Sweetness apparently means it so she/he can avoid the awkwarndness of the guests trying to NOT let themselves be treated.

Well this is a bummer. We were all set to use the plan except for this.

Our problem is that we don't arrive until 9pm the first night and then don't leave at 6am our departure day. That leaves our family of 4 with extra credits. We are visiting a friend and I was going to use the extra meals to pay for him when he is with us. :sad1:

Well, you can distribute the credit usage however you want for the people on your package. For example, you could do a character breakfast and another table service meal on the same day; or you could try a Signature restaurant or dinner show one night.

Sometimes the plan is not the best choice for everyone. I would suggest you try a Signature meal or show such as Hoop de Doo, to use up your credits.

The DDP is a package and just like your tickets that you get with a package can not be used for anyone other than those you purchased them for, the credits on the DDP are the same way.

While some have gotten away with this in the past, Disney has closed this loophole and is not allowing it anymore. CMs have been told they risk termination of thier jobs for allowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter