Dining-Le Cellier or California grill

SNYDERS

Earning My Ears
About to make reservations.....any one have thoughts ? Yes, I know it's personal preference.... But husband and I are alone this trip and we are usually hitting the kid friendly restaurants .... Thanks in advance

I really like the filet, cheese soup and pretzel bread at Le Cellier but would choose California Grill for a special trip. If you're gong to be in Epcot that day Le Cellier would be a good choice though......dang, even I can't make up my mind.

Either would be a great choice for a nice "adult" dinner.

I'd do both if possible. Le Cellier is a great choice non DP but has become a poor choice with the DP if that matters.

We often eat at LeC for lunch. It's a nice way to break up the day at EPCOT. Depending on when you are traveling, you may be able to schedule CG late enough to catch Wishes from the restaurant.

If I was on an adults only trip, we would definitely do both. LeC for lunch and a Wishes dinner at CG. Two very different experiences.

California Grill hands down. A dinner for two is way more romantic and people tend to dress slightly better than standard park clothes. If you're celebrating something special, mention it when making the reservation then again at check-in. DH and I like to celebrate our anniversary there and the staff usually do something special. Here's a pic from our last trip.

xDNm4b2.jpg

Ive eaten at lecellier twice. Both times it was the best meal at wdw ever

Ive had appetizers and dessert at cali grill. Also good..... Maybe if i had an entree id feel different.... But Cali grill felt a little snooty to me

I'd personally choose Le Cellier for sure.

The only time I've had a steak at California Grill that was as good/on par with Le Cellier was over two years ago. We were there for a May trip, and I simply could not get enough of California Grill. The food was amazing. I think we ate there 3 times we enjoyed it so much. On subsequent trips, we've been nothing but disappointed. Our trip in September was the worst yet.

We've given up on California Grill.

I agree with Dean...agree LC is good, but clearly not a good choice on DDP. It's just not the same quality as CG, and the ambiance resembles a NYC subway during rush hour.

LC is a competent, but not outstanding, steak house. Most moderate-to-large cities will have one as good or better. Between those two, I'd go with CG for the views and more interesting menu.

But, if you are really interested in red meat: Yachtsman's would be better than Le Cellier if you are on the DP. Shula's would be better still, but it is not on DP.

Cali Grill easily wins out for me. Le Cellier, like others have said, is a pretty decent steakhouse but doesn't wow me. I can get much better steaks around me for the same price and service. You can't beat the food and ambiance at CG!

LC is a competent, but not outstanding, steak house. Most moderate-to-large cities will have one as good or better. Between those two, I'd go with CG for the views and more interesting menu.

ditto :)
LC has decent food & service, but (IMHO) is not "special".

we find CG has a more upscale, adult atmosphere, with great views and a menu with palatable options.

If you prefer Epcot, have you checked out Monsior (sp) Paul's the place upstairs from Chefs de France (formerly known as Bistro de Paris). There is an upcharge if you are using the DDP, but it is TIW card-friendly. Price wise it is about the same as CG....but you cannot beat the adult atmosphere and the service....and the food is outstanding. Menu changes seasonally, but we have never been disappointed (except one year when they DID accept the DDP without an upcharge and the service and atmosphere immediately went downhill). We think it is the best place to eat on property for an adult meal (although we have not yet been to Victoria & Alberts as husband does not want to pack a jacket and tie). Used to LOVE the CG....but cancelled reservations we had this past October because their new menu just didn't do it for us. And haven't been to LC either since their menu change...but their mussels and signature beef dish was outstanding.

I really like the filet, cheese soup and pretzel bread at Le Cellier but would choose California Grill for a special trip. If you're gong to be in Epcot that day Le Cellier would be a good choice though......dang, even I can't make up my mind.

Either would be a great choice for a nice "adult" dinner.

Love them both as well, but if Victoria & Albert's isn't on your radar, I'd go with the California Grill. :thumbsup2

If you're interested in a memorable dining experience try Shula's at the Dolphin, it blows every Disney restaurant away with the quality of food and the ambiance. IMHO LeCellier, California Grille or the Yachtsman aren't even in the same category. Expensive but worth every penny.

LeCellier was a huge disappointment. Nothing signature about the place but pricing. Service is all about turning the tables. (The next step will be handing the staff cattle prods). Food was not great. I have given it three tries. It struck out

Le Cellier was good, but I don't think it's worth the double hit you take if you have the dining plan. I've never eaten at CG.

I'd pick CG over LC any time. And I'm not that big a CG fan. I find LC is just a loud, overcrowded, dim outback steakhouse, without the phony accent.

Without a doubt California Grill over and over.The ambiance ,the food itself and of course make your reservations about 30 minutes before wishes.

We're a family of vegetarians, so we've skipped Le Cellier. I liked California Grill a lot, though to be fair, my favorite of the signature restaurants we've tried is Flying Fish. (We've been to: Citricos, CG, Jiko's, Artist's Point, and Flying Fish.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter