Dining ideas for 11

rowellad

Earning My Ears
Taking a large family trip to WDW in September and need dining suggestions. We will have a boys 13, 8, 7 and 5 and girls 13 and 3. None of them have ever been to WDW. We will also have 5 adults that are kids at heart and only one has been to Disney but it has been 15 years. Any ideas for a full Disney experience meal for the first timers?

We go as a big group of 16 with ages ranging from infant- 70 years old. We always do Tusker House, Ohana, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fair, and Coral Reef. At these bigger restaurants we were able to sit all together but others we had to into smaller groups but we didn't mind that. We sat separately at 50s Prime Time and Cinderella's Castle and a bunch of others so you may find that happens a lot also. Most of the time we were near each other but there were times when we were not. We were ok with that placement but consider that if you are not. Have a great trip!

Any of the character meals would be great for first timers. There are well themed restaurants in all of the parks. Which park will you go to first? You might want to pick one of the restaurants in that park (or at a nearby resort).

However: you are going during a free dining period. And September ADRs have been available for booking since March. Availability for ADRs at most of the popular restaurants, particularly for a group that size, is probably going to be greatly reduced. I'd probably just see what is available first, and go from there.

Rainforrest Cafe and T-Rex are good experiences. ESPN Club is a nice change of pace. Would say Biergarten, but not sure all ages would like the food.

Ohana! We've gone there as a big group several times and have always been seated together...

We are a party of 10. Hubby and I, my parents and our 6 kids ages 15, 13, 8. 6, 4, and 2. I have found that buffets are your friend when it comes to my kids. They all like something different and can choose what they want with such a variety.

We always do Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, O'hana breakfast, Hollywood & Vine lunch and anything else that is buffet.

We still do a few non buffets like 50's Prime Time, but I know my younger kids won't eat as much there as they do at the buffets.

Having dessert at the buffets is also a plus for the kids. Ok us adults too.

Have fun! We have never been split up in a fashion to where we weren't right there together. Once at Crystal Palace we had two tables side by side, but most of the time we're at one big long table.

Via Napoli is a good option, they can handle groups well. Plus it is tasty.

I had a group of 16 at trails end too. I enjoyed that.

We'll also probably be 11 next summer.

I'm thinking of trying Biergarten in addition to some of the options posted here.

We've never been there-- would it be a good option?

We went as a group of 13 and Askershus was the only restaurant we had reservations for that sat us at one table. Chef Mickey's could have but there was a larger party there and the largest table went to them. They did seat us tables that were side by side which was nice. Crystal Palace also sat us at table that were side by side. Biergarten is a good choice but you may still end up at two tables (was there as a group of 9 and we filled the table, one chair left over).

We'll also probably be 11 next summer.

I'm thinking of trying Biergarten in addition to some of the options posted here.

We've never been there-- would it be a good option?

This place is popular with adults in my groups, but kids really don't like it. The beer mugs/steins are huge! Maybe that's why the adults like it? I won't pay for dinner, the lunch price is much cheaper and the experience is the same.

Agree with PP, lunch is a good option for Biergarten. We did a late lunch. The only difference I noticed was the band did a slightly shorter show during lunch. But, they have huge tables so they would likely put you at one by yourselves. And it is a very disney experience that our party of 8 really enjoyed! Even our picky eater was able to find some things. And then of course, she filled up on dessert after those.

We have a group of 11 as well and like Ohana, Via Napoli, and Raglan Road since they can accommodate large groups at one table.

The previous posters have already given some great recommendations, but I'll offer bit of advice as we have done visits with large groups before (as many as 21 for our 2007 visit). Try to stick with buffets or restaurants that serve all you can eat family style meals ('Ohana, Whispering Canyon). Ordering off menus for large groups slows things down considerably, and a meal can end up taking a big chunk of time out of your day.

We've travelled twice with 10, and the only place that had a difficult time with us was th Maya Grill at CSR- all ur meals came out at different times- my parents had ordered dessert and my dh had just gotten his meal-lol!

Over the two trips, we ate at: Boma, Ohanas, Kona Cafe, Teppan Edo ( this was a tiny bit squishy b/c the tables usually sit 8, and we were 10, although 8 adults and 2 children. If many of your party is Pooh sized, you may want to skip this option) Biergarten, Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, Sci fi ( separate cars but right next to each other), Le Cellier, Raglan Road and Kouzinnas. I think b/c the Disney restaurants are so used to serving large groups that it's not like going to the local restaurants where they only get a few a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter