Dining Help for 10

radev104

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip with 10 people. We have 8 adults and 2 children, ages 4 and 2. I'm the trip planner but I'm having trouble making dining reservations. We wanted to do a character breakfast before the park opened. No princesses. We were looking at Tusker House because we all like the food there and enjoy the character interactions. Plus before the park opens we eat and are close enough to the Safari for one of the first rides of the day. I'm having trouble finding reservations for 10 people. Do you have any tips for finding a character dining restaurant? Or any suggestions for a different restaurant.

Thanks!

This is a pain to find but disney started a call in number for people with complicated or larger number of people on a reservation for help. I know the number appears on the MDE screen where it says "Welcome, your name. Then has the checklist of Family and Friends, theme park tickets, etc. . It'll say something like "for help with reservations for groups of 8 or more, please call xxxxxxxxxx". I know you can get to the screen on the website by clicking the my disney experience option, logging in and then click it again and it's like a MDE home screen. The problem is the number doesn't appear if yo don't have a reservation that could use them, so I can't just look it up myself and hand it to you..

I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you know what your looking for, it's someone on the phone that specializes in getting large group reservatons, fastpasses, and other planning headaches for groups handled..

When my family of ten went over Thanksgiving week last year, we ended up just splitting the party 4-6/5-5 for some reservations and getting lucky enough to be placed at tables close to one another. It wasn't perfect, but we made it work. On top of that, you'll have better luck doing off hour meals.

When are you all planning on going?

If you can't get Tusker House, try Garden Grill breakfast at Epcot. Good food, great characters, plenty of empty seat when we were there this summer, and you are the first on Soarin.

Another option, if you haven't booked yet, is to use and agent like Dreams Unlimited who an book everything you want and it doesn't cost you a penny. They do rooms, tickets, and dining reservations and probably know more than any of us Disney fanatics.

This is a pain to find but disney started a call in number for people with complicated or larger number of people on a reservation for help. I know the number appears on the MDE screen where it says "Welcome, your name. Then has the checklist of Family and Friends, theme park tickets, etc. . It'll say something like "for help with reservations for groups of 8 or more, please call xxxxxxxxxx". I know you can get to the screen on the website by clicking the my disney experience option, logging in and then click it again and it's like a MDE home screen. The problem is the number doesn't appear if yo don't have a reservation that could use them, so I can't just look it up myself and hand it to you..

I'm not sure if they still do it, but if you know what your looking for, it's someone on the phone that specializes in getting large group reservatons, fastpasses, and other planning headaches for groups handled..

I'm going to check MDE today. I did actually get a reservation for dinner at Trail's End. It probably has something to do with the table size and all that in the restaurant.

And I didn't know that about Fastpasses so that will help too.

When my family of ten went over Thanksgiving week last year, we ended up just splitting the party 4-6/5-5 for some reservations and getting lucky enough to be placed at tables close to one another. It wasn't perfect, but we made it work. On top of that, you'll have better luck doing off hour meals.

When are you all planning on going?

They're joining me end of February, beginning of March. It's not that crowded at that time. We're probably doing 6/4 for breakfast.

If you can't get Tusker House, try Garden Grill breakfast at Epcot. Good food, great characters, plenty of empty seat when we were there this summer, and you are the first on Soarin.

Another option, if you haven't booked yet, is to use and agent like Dreams Unlimited who an book everything you want and it doesn't cost you a penny. They do rooms, tickets, and dining reservations and probably know more than any of us Disney fanatics.

Everything is booked already with me being a CM. Garden Grill is an option for dinner for us.

When I went to t-Rex with 10 I had to make reservations through the restaurants I wanted , I think you can't do 10 through the website I think it only takes 9 ,you could do 2 tables of 5 though

This was something they were trying out but stopped a while back.

When I went to t-Rex with 10 I had to make reservations through the restaurants I wanted , I think you can't do 10 through the website I think it only takes 9 ,you could do 2 tables of 5 though

Each restaurant has its own maximum for online bookings but most will take 10. You will get a message telling you if you've exceeded allowed max for a location. Trex and rainforest are a little different as you can call them direct and almost always get availability.

As others have said splitting up the party will be your best chance. There are limited options for large tables, especially at character meals. When you check in at the restaurant check in 15 minutes before earliest time with everyone. Tell them you are one large party and ask if possible they seat you together or nearby.

If you book two separate reservations, if you arrive at check in early enough you can certainly request to be seated together or at least near. With regards to Tusker house ( great breakfast option by the way) we have always found that as the new wave of reservations/parties arrived, they tend to fill up a certain area of the restaurant systematically so even if your not at a table "together* you could actually be seated very close. This was the same with Chef Mickeys as well which could be another good breakfast option if you wanting to be in the MK area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter