Dining Guest Coming in Middle of Trip

nblank

Earning My Ears
My sister is planning on coming and staying with us during the middle of our trip for a few days. The problem is I am using developer points and am being told that I will have to pay for dining for her for the entire stay, which will add another $440 to the trip. Any way I can just pay for her 3 day stay for dining? I have been told that if she is registered we either have to pay for dining for all of us or none of us can get it. I would be happy just to pay for her meals but they won't let me add her to the reservation. Any ideas would be appreciated

My sister is planning on coming and staying with us during the middle of our trip for a few days. The problem is I am using developer points and am being told that I will have to pay for dining for her for the entire stay, which will add another $440 to the trip. Any way I can just pay for her 3 day stay for dining? I have been told that if she is registered we either have to pay for dining for all of us or none of us can get it. I would be happy just to pay for her meals but they won't let me add her to the reservation. Any ideas would be appreciated
It's all or none for the entire LOS for all parties. You could do 2 (or possibly 3) separate reservations but you'd have to check in again and could have to move units. IF the DDP makes sense anyway you might consider asking her to pay for what she would eat and then use the rest of the credits yourself.

Figure out which option will end up being less expesnive: getting DDP for her for the whole say, or just paying OOP for all meals.

My guess---it will be less expensive to just pay as you go.

If you have (or will have) an AP, consider instead the Tables in Wonderland card. It gives you a flat 20% off most any table service bill, including booze.

We had this identical situation occur to us on our last trip. We ended up buying the DDP for everyone....had LOTS of EXTRA dining credits in the end, for which we used up!

Splitting the stay up sounds like it is the best solution... It's a pain to change rooms but it may save you some cash. Or you can just use the credits like Dean said and have some really good meals. No matter what it is the Happiest Place on Earth :love:

I noticed this was your first post... Welcome to the boards... Hope to see you back. :flower3:

The DDP was not designed to be flexible, it was designed to accommodate Disney cash resort guests who preferred the currently popular all-inclusive type package vacations. The DDP is made available to DVC by an agreement with Disney Travel (CRO) and CRO rules apply. If you are planning t return at any time within the next year, I suggest dropping the DDP from your reservation and having at least one adult in your party by a DVC Discounted Annual Pass. The passholder can then buy a Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card for $75 that will yield 20% on all meals at virtually every Disney operated, and many non-Disney operated, onsite table service restaurants for everyone in your party while dining together on one check. The TIW is also good at counter service location in the Animal Kingdom park and at the food court of value resorts and at Artists' Palette at SSR. It is also good on adult beverages.

An 18% gratuity is added at Table Service and buffet locations.

I would get the DDP for everyone and do a lot of 2-credit signature restaurant meals!

A reminder that the DVC Boards do not allow suggestions or recommendations that violate established and published DVC/Disney rules. Several posts have been removed.

The DDP was not designed to be flexible, it was designed to accommodate Disney cash resort guests who preferred the currently popular all-inclusive type package vacations. The DDP is made available to DVC by an agreement with Disney Travel (CRO) and CRO rules apply. If you are polanning t return at any time within the next year, I suggest dropping the DDP from your reservation and having at leastome adult in your party by a DVC Discounted Annual Pass. The passholder can then buy a Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card for $75 that will uield 20% on all meals at virtually every Disney operated, and many non-Disney operated, onsite table service restaurants for everyone in your party while dining together on one check. The TIW is also good at counter service location in the Animal Kingdom park and at the food court of value resorts and at Artists' Pallete at SSR. It is also good on adult beverages.

An 18% gratuity is added at Table Service and buffet locations.

I didn't know TIW is good at counter service in AK park. Which ones? And also at Artists' Pallette at SSR? I heard it was not. Please confirm or clarify.
Thanks.

I didn't know TIW is good at counter service in AK park. Which ones? And also at Artists' Pallette at SSR? I heard it was not. Please confirm or clarify.
Thanks.

TIW is accepted at Pizzafari, Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House and Restaurantosaurus at AK and at Artist's Pallette and Turf Club at SSR.

Here is full information about the program here on the DIS:

Tables in Wonderland

Enjoy!

We have done some pretty detailed accounting using both the DDP and the TIW card on seperate trips, and eating OOP using the TIW card came out WAY better financially than the DDP. I would just cancel the DDP for everyone and pay for the TIW card (assuming you are AP holders) and you will be money ahead for sure. Keep in mind that we too like to eat at sit downs and signatures, and that was where we ended up saving most with the TIW card. We prefer to have appetizers instead of desserts, so we would always be paying extra with the DDP anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter