Dining Food Options....

JLMDisneyCruise

Mouseketeer
Hi, doing my first cruise in Sept. We have second seating, and I just wanted to know, is there set menus in these restaurants they have use eating in? I am a very picky eater, and I do not eat..most foods. I kind of live on egg whites and Gluten free Van waffles, do I have just sides to chose from at each restaurant?
I will not eat, sea food, any red meat etc...no pasta.(I know...pain in a ***..) lol
thanks

They are set menus. There is variety, including low-fat and gluten free options, but it sounds like even those might be more than you want. If you are traveling Concierge, I suggest you discuss your dining needs/wants with Shoreside Concierge sooner rather than later.

Hi, doing my first cruise in Sept. We have second seating, and I just wanted to know, is there set menus in these restaurants they have use eating in? I am a very picky eater, and I do not eat..most foods. I kind of live on egg whites and Gluten free Van waffles, do I have just sides to chose from at each restaurant?
I will not eat, sea food, any red meat etc...no pasta.(I know...pain in a ***..) lol
thanks
You can find the various menus here:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/
You can discuss with your head server if you have special diet needs. They are more than willing to make adjustments for you. Have you noted on your reservation that you have special diet requirements? That would be the first step.

I will just tell you that the first night I would have something simple in mind to ask for. At the end of the meal you can review the mene for the next night and can make adjustments with your team. Just don't expect alot on the first night and if they wow you, it's just icing on the cake. Just have a couple of options you can throw at them the first night, if you need to. Give them some examples of what you like.

In addition to the advice already given:

Each dinner menu also has a "lighter fare" option (usually on the lower left side of the menu). The food is ligher and prepared more simply. There is a chicken meal, a steak meal, and some other options. We found ourselves often resorting to this menu because the main entrees were not things we wanted (either because of allergies or food we don't like).

You can mix and match parts. So, if you want the veggie paired with Entre A to go with your Entre B, you can ask for that :-)

Also, you are under no obligation to eat each course. We would often have soup but skip the salad and appetizer, then have a lighter fare entree and dessert. And bread. We LOVED the bread (because of allergies they made me safe sourdough bread rolls; I loved it and once our waiter clued in to that he made sure we had at least one LARGE basket of the rolls every night and was able to get more if we made it through the first :-) ). More than that was way too much food for us.

Finally, you may be able to order the next night's dinner at dinner. This gives the chefs time to prepare special foods (and, for food allergies, safe foods) and gives them time to adapt things when needed. So, for example, you'd be able to order say a very plain chicken breast and steamed veggies. And if you wanted the soup from tonight tomorrow, they can often do that too.

I really suggest contacting DCL's special services team. They are the shoreside team that deals with special diet and other arrangements. You could have a good conversation with them about your diet requirements and how to best have them accommodated. I have found them great to work with (I have multiple food allergies).

If you contact special services, they may suggest that on the day you board the ship you go to the dining session for people who want to change their dining reservations. The time and location is noted in the Navigator but it is usually between about 1300-1500 -- you want to go in person, not to the one where you have to call. At the session you get to meet one on one with a dining services person. They can pull up your info and verify they special diet info they have. For me with my food allergies, they then would pull out the dinner menu for that day and I would get to order dinner for myself -- this gives the chefs several hours to come up with options. It is a bit harder for the chefs to modify for that first night, so you may get e.g. plainer food, but I am pretty impressed with what they can do :-)

Hope this helps.

SW

Thanks all! For an example, I just got home from work, my dinner was a Van's Gluten Free Blueberry waffle.
Lunch today was a huge salad. Breakfast, 3 egg whites, with cheddar cheese. I cannot eat much at any given time.
If I could eat breakfast 24/7.... I would be perfect!

I am concierge and will do what everyone recommends, I never have this issue at Disney, and being a DVC owner...
I love to do my own meals. Odd as they are!
Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter