Dining Experts Please Respond

debdot

Mouseketeer
what are your suggestions for using snack credits for breakfast - would the plan include fresh fruit or maybe yogurt - :confused3

tell me what kinds of breakfast snacks you had for a quick bite in the morning to get you going - thanks

It depends on the resorts, but snack credit could be used to buy an individual cereal, boxes of doughnuts in the gift shop, one sweet treat at the MK bakery, a yogurt parfait cup, a fruit bowl, a bottle of milk that you could add a carnation instant breakfast packet (from home)to.

The first 2 times on the plan we didn't really use it much for breakfast. I did get my DD6 a special birthday breakfast last Sept. (waffle combo) CS and at the time they even let my get 6 beignets for dessert! There really wasn't much on the snack plan before you could use for breakfast-unless you wanted a popsicle!

We'll have DDP again next month (oh that's the first time I wrote it as next month :woohoo: ) and we'll still do breakfast the same way. We have bread, bagels, cereal, fresh fruit, donuts, poptarts, and milk in the room. We use the toaster in the food court (though I'm thinking of bringing ours from home this time-I think I can squeeze it in my luggage :rotfl2: ) The only change will be this time we'll probably use a few snack credits for a box of donuts, etc. We like to eat fast, and fairly lite in the room before we do the parks. My DD6 has never been much of an eater when she first wakes up so I always bring along "snack" for her-like a poptart or cereal-either in a ziploc or one of those small boxes. She prefers her cereal dry so this works well for us. :goodvibes

Wasn't there a specific "Snack Credit for Breakfast" thread here, with lots of ideas listed?

no expert here but I can tell you what our experience has been. I can definitely tell you that it varies from location to location.

I can relate what we have found at SSR at Artist Pallette. We are sick of dessert, so we have been getting muffins, danish, etc for our CS (actually it is a QS for quick service) dessert and saving them for breakfast in our room. Also at AP you can get fruit, yogurt, etc as a snack. Most everything in the cold case is a snack. Here they also have a Entemmann's rack and everything on it is a snack including a large box of danish.

We don't use any of the ddp for breakfast unless we do a character breakfast. You get a much better deal if you use it for lunch and dinner. If you have trouble using all your snacks up than you might like our idea. The last day we are there we go and get as many rice krispy mickey mouse heads as we have left on our card and bring them home for the grandkids. Any age kid loves them! Enjoy!

You have some threads asking how to avoid gaining weight and other threads suggesting guests use a snack credit to buy a box of Entemmann's for breakfast. :confused3

This year we plan to use our snack credits for just that - snacks, ice cream, and ice cold drinks in the parks.

I am packing an assortment of breakfast bars in the suitcases for a quick bite out the door. My new personal fave is the Quaker oatmeal breakfast bar, which isn't too sweet and keeps you going since it's got the same amount of oatmeal as an instant pack. Pop tarts for my DH :rolleyes1 since he would prefer the junk.

I agree with ReneeA. I bring Zone bars and granola bars for a quick breakfast that we eat as we drive to the park. Then we use our snack credits primarily for bottles of water -- especially during the summer when it's HOT!

caegan said:
I agree with ReneeA. I bring Zone bars and granola bars for a quick breakfast that we eat as we drive to the park. Then we use our snack credits primarily for bottles of water -- especially during the summer when it's HOT!

Man, I hope we get to use the snack option for some breakfast items, but I think we might be doing like the above. My family drinks a TON of bottled water. Maybe I should switch to tap water with ice........oh, the horrors! :faint: :scared: :rotfl:

Lewisc said:
You have some threads asking how to avoid gaining weight and other threads suggesting guests use a snack credit to buy a box of Entemmann's for breakfast. :confused3

I think the weight gain threads are kind of funny myself. The DDP offers lots of food, but nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you eat it all. :rolleyes: How about enjoying what you order, but stopping once you're full. And for that matter, unless you are totally overdoing it at every buffet and snacking your way through the parks the overall weight gain for eating dessert and rich foods every day for a week would not be phenomenal. Nothing a little common sense once you got home wouldn't take care of.

I see no problem with the box if donuts. We are a family of 5- everybody eats ONE.

There is also a great list of what's offered where including snack credits which would give ideas of what you could make a breakfast out of.
http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/WDW_Snacks_2006.htm
Not sure who put this together, but THANK YOU! It's great.

We tend to arrive at WDW just before dinner on our first day. We pick a buffet like chef Mickey's, and stash a few pieces of whole fruit into my bag for breakfast the next morning. With one snack credit, we get a box of pastries, eat it with the fruit, and voila... breakfast!

:sunny:

ExPirateShopGirl said:
We tend to arrive at WDW just before dinner on our first day. We pick a buffet like chef Mickey's, and stash a few pieces of whole fruit into my bag for breakfast the next morning. With one snack credit, we get a box of pastries, eat it with the fruit, and voila... breakfast!

:sunny:

Grandma, is that you? :lmao:

ReneeA said:
Grandma, is that you? :lmao:

Sad... aren't I? :rotfl: I equate the taking of the fruit with getting one's dessert wrapped to go at the end of the meal... :sunny:

Just back from a week at CSR (8/5 through 8/12). Pepper Market snack items for breakfast could be found in the bakery. They had it divided into "Bakery I" (muffins, cinnamon rolls, danishes, croissants, etc.) and "Bakery II" (fruit tarts, cheesecakes, cake slices, creme brulees). At the beginning of the week they were giving anything out of the bakery as a snack credit. Yesterday (8/12) they made a change and said that only "Bakery I" items qualified on the DDP as a snack.

My breakfast for most of my trip was a big honkin' cinnamon roll covered with pecans. It was fresh, tasty and a lot of it! :thumbsup2 I used my snack credit for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter