• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining expertise needed

gonnago

DIS Veteran
I would like to hear everyone's favorite & less favorite(never again) CS& TS in each of the 4 parks please. Thanks! :)

We love LeCelleir,Teppanyaki,Coral Reef, at Epcot and don't care for Alfredo's.At MK we like them all and LTT is a favorite and Cosmic Ray's also.At MGM 50'S PTC and Mama Melrose's are favorite's not crazy about BD.Like all at AK with Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House as favorite's.At DTD and Westside we love HOB,Puck's and RFC do not care for Captain Jack's. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

We had a very long wait at Le Cellier and terrible service. I would never go there again.

We love Morocco.

We liked Boma

We liked Kona Cafe (Polynesian.)

We liked the Swan- Garden Grove Cafe

Thanks for the responses.We are going 5/31-6/03.So appeciate all the input I can get so I can figure out which places in the parks to eat for myself,ds17,dd14. on the DP.

Here are our favorites at each park.

Magic Kingdom - Pecos Bill's (CS), n/a (TS)
Epcot - Cantina de San Angel (CS), LeCellier (TS)
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ (CS), n/a (TS)
MGM - Backlot Express (CS), 50's Prime Time (TS)

Favorites
Magic Kingdom- cs was pinnochio village haus
Animal Kingdom- cs was the tusker house
Epcot- ts was alfredos

The ones we could care less about going back:

Magic Kingdom- TS liberty tree tavern- the food was terrible
Mgm- TS 50's prime time cafe- We loved the theme but again the food was terrible!

less than favorite: Sci Fi

Hard to choose a favorite; Kona, Le Cellier, Morocco

gonnago said:
I would like to hear everyone's favorite & less favorite(never again) CS& TS in each of the 4 parks please. Thanks! :)
Favorite CS in Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Rays, TS Crystal Palace. I will get back to you on the rest of the parks after May. We usually don't do too many of the TS in the parks, but alas the Dining Plan LOL. Not in a park, but I would not rush back to Ohana for dinner, but I wouldn't say I would never go there again either.

Epcot : Favorite CS: The bakery in France TS: Marrakesh :thumbsup2
Won't return: CS: China (very average)
MK: Favorite CS: Cosmic Rays TS: Liberty Tree Tavern - I loved the food.
AK: Favorite CS: Tusker House
MGM: Haven't found anything we liked yet. We'll try to change that in August.

Favorite TS
MK Crystal Palace. Great Breakfast. Good Dinner. Characters were good.
EP. I'd suggest Chefs De France, Biergarten, Teppenyaki, or Le Cellier depending upon your tastes. They're all so different here. Hard to compare.
MGM. H and V. It was solid, though not gourmet food. Good selection, to temperature. It was a pleasant surprise.
AK None. I go to Boma.

Least Favorite
MK. CRT (new pricing) Way too much for what you get.
EP Marrakesh. How hard is it to cook chicken through? They didn't get it done. Hard to accomplish since it looked like it was sitting in a warmer for an hour. Everything was bland. On the bright side the appetizers and deserts were wonderful.
MGM None. I
AK. None.

But I think you ought not limit yourself to the parks. Some of the best restaurants are in the resorts. You can easily leave MK, hop a monorail to one of those, then go back to mk. You can easily leave MGM and get to the boardwalk or the Epcot area resorts.

Counter Favorite
MK Cosmic Rays. Ribs.
EP Tangeriene Cafe. Morocco. As bad as the table was here, the counter was good.
MGM None. I have no luck at this place.
AK Flame Tree BBQ or Tusker House. Yummy.

Least favorite.
MK Columbia Harbour house. It certainly wasn't bad. It's just fried fish isn't my cup of tea. But If Rays is full, it's fairly easy to come over here and get a meal that will do the job.
EP. Summerfest. Not because this is bad, but because unless you want sausage or a hot dog, you're SOL. I wish they'd have some more German stuff there.
MGM ABC Commisary. We went for an early lunch. But everything had already been sitting at least a half hour by what we could tell. And a half hour later when the rush came in, all the same stuff was still sitting there in the bins. Yeeeeuck!!!!
AK None. I haven't ventured beyond the Flame Tree or Tusker House.

A few of our favorites at the parks are:
MK ~ Pecos Bills (cs) / Crystal Palace (ts) NOT crazy about LTT (ts)
MGM ~ ??(cs) / Sci Fi (ts)
AK ~ Flame Tree BQ (cs) / ??(ts)
Epcot ~ Le Cellier (ts) / Cantina San Angel (cs)

Magic Kingdom Area

Counter Service - Columbia Harbour House

Table Service - Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, CRT, & Ohana (@ the Poly)

Epcot Area

Counter Service - Sunshine Seasons

Table Service - don't have one yet...

MGM Area

Counter Service - Toy Story Pizza Planet

Table Service - don't have one yet... we didn't like Hollywood & Vine at all!

Animal Kingdom Area

Counter Service - Flame Tree BBQ (our favorite in all of WDW!)

Table Service - Boma (at the Animal Kingdom Lodge)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter