• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining/dressing ?

Pastamom

DIS Veteran
Hi

We're taking 3 boys under 10 on a Disney cruise this summer. I understand that the dress code is pants/jeans for adults. Does this apply to children also? I was wondering if a nice shirt/polo and a nice pair of shorts (khakis etc) would be fine. I don't want to be out of place. BTW - I'm not talking about formal night.

We were on a Disney cruise 2 years ago I seem to recall seeing people wear shorts, but I could be wrong.

Thanks

I'd bring a pair of kacki (SP) pants for them and maybe they could just change right afterward and wear them a couple of times? On my last two cruises I only had a girl so I should mention that I didn't pay attention at all to what the boys were wearing, but I do remember that I didn't see a lot of people in shorts.

Khaki pants and polo shirts work fine. I wouldn't wear shorts but that said, you will see everything.

My son wore "nice" shorts not "gym" shorts and he was not alone. I don't think children in shorts is an issue! :)

The only place with a dress code is Palo. There, you will be turned away and asked to return to your cabin and change if not properly attired.

In the family dining rooms, there is a "suggested attire." The suggestions apply to everyone at dinner--it is not one standard for adults and another for children. The only absolute requirement is no swimwear and something on your feet. There is a request of no shorts or tank tops at dinner.

So are jeans a no-no at dinner on the regular nights (obviously not formal and semi formal nights)? I was thinking that dinner on nights other than formal and semi formal nights were cruise casual....

So are jeans a no-no at dinner on the regular nights (obviously not formal and semi formal nights)? I was thinking that dinner on nights other than formal and semi formal nights were cruise casual....

DCL did away with the No Jeans request a couple of years ago. You are fine to wear jeans in the main dining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter