Dining Before MNNSHP - Which would you do?

Donop26

Mouseketeer
:goodvibesWe have tickets to MNNSHP on 9/14. I know you can get in the park with your ticket at 4:00 p.m., which are we are planning on doing.

Would you:

1) Go to MK at park opening (9:00 a.m. that day), do a late breakfast at CP (I can get a 10:20), go back to the Poly to rest/swim, and do a counter service at MK sometime after 4:00 p.m. when we go back for the party?

or

2) Have breakfast in room, Go to MK at park opening (9:00 a.m.), have an early counter service lunch at MK (around 11:30), head back to the Poly to rest-swim and return to MK at 4:00 for party and do Crystal Palace dinner at 4:25?

We have regular park tickets for that day so going back and forth to MK is no big deal.

Please help me decide....

If you are going to have a sit down meal this day, I would prefer to have lunch and a quick service dinner at the MNSSHP. Once we enter at 4 pm, we try to catch the rides that close early. Then we catch a quick meal as we enjoy all the events of MNSSHP.

Thanks for the reply. That's really what I was leaning towards, option #1.

The 10:20 breakfast will take the place of lunch, then we can get some rest/pool time in and go back for the party and have counter service.

Sounds like a plan, thank you!!

2 years ago, we did your option #2!

We hit the MK at rope drop and pretty much rode everything we wanted to by noon, so we headed home, rested, maybe went for a dip in the pool? And then headed back to MK. We had a reservation at Crystal Palace for 4:50. We got out in plenty of time to ride a bunch more before the actual party started at 7.

We are going to MNSSHP too (in October) and are planning on doing something similar to your Option #1. We like to sleep in so our plan: sleep in, late table service brunch, easy afternoon, hit MK @ 4 for the Party and eat counter service there.

Have Fun!

We tried to do LTT on the night we went to MNSSHP. We went back to our resort and rested. By the time we all got in costume nothing went our way. The monorail ride was a nightmare and "staged" three times for monorail traffic. By the time we got through the gates and rushed to LTT we were late for our reservations. The wait even with reservations was over an hour. We decided to try CHH and it was closed! We decided to hit Peco's Bills. Just give yourself plenty of time is my suggestion.

When we go to the MNSSHP we go to a different park for that day, we want to enjoy the park for the party not be ready to leave by the time the parade is over :) We leave the other park early then head to our hotel to change and be in the park by 4 pm. we usually have a ressie for 4:15 some where easy like Tony's or LTT. Crystal Palace seems way to busy on a night for the party, and takes a long time. ( we love the place just not on a party night lol) If we were choosing one of your options we would go with Option 1 Hope this helps you some :)

I would agree that you need to be prepared for delays if you have a supper ADR on that night. We had a reservation for CP and ended up waiting at least 30 minutes after the ADR time before we were seated.

My advice would be to go with option #1 and get an early start at the MK that day and then head back to Poly for a rest. Get your costumes on in plenty of time (count on this taking longer than you think too if you've got kids!) and be heading back to MK for 4:00.

Thanks for the replies!! I've decided on option 1, I don't want to waste time with a table service dinner (especially if we'll be seated after our ADR time), on the night of the party. Plus, I love CP breakfast, more than dinner anyway.

Thanks again, decision made!

You guys are worrying me since I have a Crystal Palace ADR @ 4:35 the night of our party. I hope it doesn't take too long to get seated. I assumed we would have plenty of time since we made our ressie that early(my dd has a BBB hair appt. at 3:00, so hopefully plenty of time to get to CP!)

That is our favorite TS meal, and since my kids will have to eat at some point, I just figured that dining before the party would be a good idea. Has anyone had positive experiences with everything working out really well?

You guys are worrying me since I have a Crystal Palace ADR @ 4:35 the night of our party. I hope it doesn't take too long to get seated. I assumed we would have plenty of time since we made our ressie that early(my dd has a BBB hair appt. at 3:00, so hopefully plenty of time to get to CP!)

That is our favorite TS meal, and since my kids will have to eat at some point, I just figured that dining before the party would be a good idea. Has anyone had positive experiences with everything working out really well?

I hate to say it, but we ate at CP during MNSSHP last year and it was a nightmare. We had a 5:00 ADR and didn't get seated until at least 6. They don't let you sit inside either and outside was packed. Standing outside for an hour in 90 degree heat with costumed kids is something I will never do again. Not to mention, when we got seated the place was filthy. We saw only one character, but didn't even care. What a waste. Now we had an ADR at LTT the year before that. We waited about 10 minutes in a cool inside lobby and were seated right after that. It was a great experience. This year I have a 4:15 ADR at CRT. I am hoping for another good experience!

We are going to MNSSHP too (in October) and are planning on doing something similar to your Option #1. We like to sleep in so our plan: sleep in, late table service brunch, easy afternoon, hit MK @ 4 for the Party and eat counter service there.

Have Fun!

That's totally our style. We like to relax at the pool and nap in the afternoon before going to the party at 4pm. Our only park time on that day is the party itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter