Dining at BoG ....lunch v dinner

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
I snagged a ressie at the 180 day mark, but had to drop it bc airfare deals moved our dates and I keep trying for my 15 year old hopeless romantic...she adores princess tales and Austen settings. I told her we could eat lunch there and get the same effect, but she is kind of disappointed...do you gain any magic by attending dinner over lunch?

I'd like to know this as well. We will probably eat here at lunch since we couldn't get dinner ressies. The silver-lining part of me though is a bit glad since looking at the menus, the lunch stuff looked better to me than the dinner.

I'd like to know this as well. We will probably eat here at lunch since we couldn't get dinner ressies. The silver-lining part of me though is a bit glad since looking at the menus, the lunch stuff looked better to me than the dinner.

I agree! That is what makes 'me' happy, but hate seeing my dd seem disappointed, it seems like the lighting effects and all that would still look the same for lunch?

Our reviews of menu offerings: (we thought lunch is better than dinner)
LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - pretty good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - nice, but Béchamel needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially with the dijon
. . . roast beef sandwich - tasty, but slightly tough
. . . braised pork - recommended
. . . vegetable quiche - wife liked it (real mean don't eat quiche)
DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . chicken breast - nicely done and recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - cooked properly, but average taste
. . . grilled strip steak - good, not great, steak
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only average
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - average

...do you gain any magic by attending dinner over lunch?

In all honest truth, no, I didn't think dinner was any more magical than lunch. It's the same dining rooms (except the Rose Gallery is usually closed during dinner) at both meals. At both meals, the dining rooms seem huge and that feeling fits better at lunch than at dinner. I liked the food at both meals, but I think lunch had the edge (the desserts are the same). At dinner, you can take a photo with the Beast afterwards, but if you're not into character meet and greets, that's not a big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter