Dining at Atlanta Airport

BrerMama

DIS Veteran
We have a 3 hour layover in Atlanta with our 3 children -- 4, 8, and 9. On our last trip when we had a longer layover at DFW, we found a sit-down restaurant (I think a TGIFridays) and passed an hour or so eating. In looking at the Atlanta airport website, I didn't recognize any of the places listed as being a sit-down restaurant. Can someone offer suggestions? We'll be in Concourse C, if that helps. Any other suggestions on what to do to amuse our children besides letting them watching movies on our DVD player?

I've eaten at a Chili's Too in Atlanta Airport. They have sit down seating.

If you have three hours, you might have time to go over to Concourse A. They seem to have the largest selection of eating establishments.

Carol

We were in the Delta concourse last month and they had a food court with several options. I recall seeing chinese food, Pizza Hut, a hot dog place, and there were a few others.

There are several sit-down places to eat. I usually go to Concourse A or B to eat. It's easy to get there from any of the concourses by taking the train located underneath the center of each concourse.

Budweiser Brewhouse, Houlihans, Chili's Too & Sam Adams Brewhouse, plus a good food court on Concourse A

TGI Fridays, The Sports Scene and another food court on Concourse B

Coaches Corner on Concourse C

Chili's Bar & Bites on Concourse D

Image's Lounge and another food court on Concourse E

If you want to try something really good and something you probably won't find outside the airport, I recommend Paschals in the Main Terminal Atrium or at the A Concourse food court. I know, it's more of a food court offering than a sit-down place, but it's different than the typical Fridays/Chilis/Houlihans place.

As for amusement:
Not a lot of real choices here for the little ones. Usually the problem our little ones have (or had) is way, way to much energy. Already being excited about WDW and flying, having just had to sit still for an extended period and about to again, they will need some bounding room :bounce: . My suggestion would be to eat a nice meal then find an empty corner, preferably by a window and reasonably close to your departure gate, where you and your spouse can block them in then let them run and play for a while.

ATL has mall type maps (the little ones you carry with you) in little holders all around the airport. Grab one of those when you get off the airplane. My bet is between eating and pre-boarding, you won't have more than an hour to kill.

Thanks for the help! I guess we'll explore some other concourses; should kill some time!

The last time we flew through Atlanta we had about a 3 hour layover. The kids had a blast riding the train from concourse to concourse.

We ate at Chili's and it was good. The one in concourse A has an escalator to get to it, if you can imagine a second floor in an airport, that is kinda what it was like. Depending on where they seat you, you might have a view overlooking the concourse.

I agree with the others that most of the dining and shops seem to be on concourse A & B. On another trip we went to the food court, it does have some better offerings than the rest of the airport. I don't know if it's on the other side of security or if we took a wrong turn, but we had to go through security again. It wasn't a problem, but if you have a lot of carry-on items it might be a hastle to go through it again.

Here's a link to the Atlanta Airport where you can search for shops and restaurants

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter