• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining 9/27 - 10/2

JCuel

Earning My Ears
The trip was DW and I mainly for the food and wine festival with a side trio to Daytona Beach. So we must start in Daytona.

The stay was at the Hilton Oceanfront.

Hotdog at some dive in a gameroom between the pier and the hotel. Both had the hotdog which were reall good. Hebrew National so how can you mess up.

Dinner start at the steakhouse in the Hiton. $4 martinis and $5 dollar appetizers. DW got hooke on French Martinis. Has the Scallops wrapped with Applewood Bacon with a hollandaise. Great food. Dinner was a seafood buffet which included all you can eat crab legs with other seafood. Great meal and worth doing at $35 per person.

Ate at a Waffle Houes in Deltona for breakfast on way to DW. Typical food for Waffle House but not the worse meal of the trip. Service was bad

At Disney we stayed at the Hiton Disney the first night before checking into BC the next day. We hose to eat at Fultons Crab house as we have always wanted to eat hear. DW had the lobster bisque for app and I had the crab cake. Yes one cake for $13. DW had a pasta with seafood but can't remember the name. I had the Lobster Narragansett. So the bisque was much better at the seafood buffet. DW had a similar pasta at the buffet in Daytona. My lobster left alot to be disired. The scallops were the only thing not overcooked but was not seasoned. The shrimp and lobster were overcooked. The red potatoes. No desert. This was the worse meal of the trip. Yes that includes the dive and Waffle House. This was out of pocket.

First day at Disney was Tutto Italia. Started with the Grand Antipasto Misto this was wonderful. DW had the Cannelloni al Forno and I had the Tagliolini con Granchio, Pomodorini Alle Erbe. DW had Copetta Sotto Bosco and I had the puff with ice cream and chocolate. She had the better desert. The food in this place is great but the service was ok. Had to ask for my glass of wine which I received after receiving my meal. We will definitely be going back here.

2nd day was Victoria and Alberts. Prior to the trip I showed DW pictures of the food people had taken and we almost canceled. We chose the wine pairings and then added some extras. I can't remember all the courses. The fish course DW chose grouper and I chose the wild Turbot which cost extra. I love grouper but Turbot puts it to shame. The other extra I chose was the Austrilian Kobe tenderloin. Wonderful is all I can say. The meal was $594 with the tip. Definitely worth it and will be repeated in the future.

Day 3 Spoodles - DW started with the goat cheese appetizer and I had the tomato and mozzeralla. DW had the pork tenderloin and I had the snapper. Dessert DW had the Panna Cotta and I had the lemon pound cake. Food here was very good. Service was good even though we ate at 9pm. The place was empty and still loud. Will be eating here in thefuture.

Day 4 Yachtmans Steakhouse - DW started with Lobster Bisque and I had the scallops. The lobster bisque wa better then Fultons but didn't touch the seafood buffet. The Scallops were good and matched what we had in Daytona. DW had the Filet and I had the Porterhouse. Both were perfectly cooked. I don't remember desert. The service here is very good and the food excellent. Needless to say LeCellier has been replaced.

Day 5 Chef de France - DW started with the Escargot and I had lobster bisque. The Escargot had good flavor, garlic and butter, but were overcooked. The lobster bisque would have equaled Daytona if there was any lobster in it. Good flavor and the best at DW this trip. I had the filet but don't remember DW. For desert DW had the crepes and I had the chocolate tart. The crepes had a apple puree which was more like a thick applesauce. Service here was good. Even though the food was ok we will not be eating here again.

Counter Service was Flame Tree which was good as always. The place in the Land which was very good. BC which was awful. Mexico which was ok.

Overall we will eat everywhere but Fultons and Chefs de France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter