Diney Pins on Air Plane???

kbritton

Earning My Ears
Hi my family and I will be flying Southwest out of Philadelphia at the end of August. Are you allowed to take the pins on the plane. Would like to have them as soon as we get there. If so is there a limit we have about 200?

Thanks Kb

Hi my family and I will be flying Southwest out of Philadelphia at the end of August. Are you allowed to take the pins on the plane. Would like to have them as soon as we get there. If so is there a limit we have about 200?

Thanks Kb

We have taken pins on the airplane many times without any kind of trouble whatsoever. We pack them in our carry on and they go right through security. Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

My entire family has some and we always have them in our carryons never been a problem.

I always take my pins as carry-on. I put them in a ziploc bag just in case security goes through the bag - I don't want any of them to fall off the lanyard or pin bag. The carry-on has been looked through by airport security a couple of times, so be prepared. Once they look through the bag, I haven't had any problems.

This is good information to know! I hope to be going to Disneyland in October and will need to fly. I was worried about how to take my pins!

Thanks Kb

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even think about how we were going to get our pins through since our flight lands early in the AM and we'll probably be at the resort & MK before our luggage does.

My husband and I just went to Disneyland in April on Virgin Airlines and we took them with us as part of our carry on. We placed them in a big plastic Ziplock bag and then put the bag in our our Disney Pin book and we had no problem either.

We've never had a problem taking them on the plane with us. Like others, we just put them in a gallon size ziploc and gone through security. We've always packed the Disney ones in the carryon suitcase. Now a few weeks ago DDwas traveling to a fastpitch tourney we're the teams traded pins. Her carry-on suitcase was busting at the seams with her unis, cleats, and 2 mitts so she put her trading pins in her backpack. When the guard at security saw them on the x-ray he asked what they were and why she had so many and he had her take them out and show him. She pulled them out, told them she had so many because she had hers for trading and one of her teammates (teammate broke foot and didn't go, so DD offered to trade for her), he told her good luck and let her through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter