Dine with Shamu

sweetypie747

Earning My Ears
Hello,

In September we have booked 'Dine with Shamu' for a dinner. It says we have to Present your Reservation Confirmation at the Information & Reservations Counter by 11:00am for lunch and by 3:00pm for dinner in order to receive your dining time.

In the day we are planning to go to Aquatica. Do you know if we can go first thing in the morning to Seaworld to get the dining time and then go to Aquatica, or if we can do it at Aquatica?

Thanks

We just did exact situation in May. DH sat in car at sea world drop off area with kids while I ran in to 'check in'. Then we drove over to aquatica. We have super Grover passes so we didn't have to pay for parking at either place and I just used my pass to get in. Let me know if you have any other questions.
ETA: we did this first thing in morning as soon as SW opened.

I would love to go, but I heard it is too expensive and time consuming.

IMHO, neither is true.

At $29.99 per adult, its far more cost effective than Disney dinner buffets.

And the meal itself isn't long at all. The "show" portion is conducted during the mealtime, so it doesn't take up more than 1.5 - 2 hours at most....and that's from check-in to being out the door.

I fancy doing this as well as in the UK you can purchase meal tickets which means this meal would be paid for in advance.

Does anyone know if soft drinks are included in the buffet? Is it worth it? My boyfriend is a big shamu fan so I'm thinking of booking it as a surprise!

I fancy doing this as well as in the UK you can purchase meal tickets which means this meal would be paid for in advance.

Does anyone know if soft drinks are included in the buffet? Is it worth it? My boyfriend is a big shamu fan so I'm thinking of booking it as a surprise!

Soft drinks/non alcoholic beverages are included :thumbsup2 .

We went two weeks ago and I absolutely loved it!!
Me and my sister had unlimited soft drinks. My parents had unlimited alcohol. They were unaware that this was part of the deal so were happy! Not sure if this was the deal for everyone or we just had a good waitress?

We went two weeks ago and I absolutely loved it!!
Me and my sister had unlimited soft drinks. My parents had unlimited alcohol. They were unaware that this was part of the deal so were happy! Not sure if this was the deal for everyone or we just had a good waitress?

Alcohol is provided :thumbsup2.

From the SW website:

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Dine-and-Shop/Dining/Dine-with-Shamu

Dine With Shamu Menu

SeaWorld’s commitment to care for the natural world extends into the food we serve. Our menu features sustainable, organic, seasonal or locally grown ingredients that aim to minimize environmental impacts to animals and their habitats.

Seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables
Certified Sustainable Seafood
Slow Roasted and Smoked Chicken
Yellow Rice with Creole Shrimp
Herb Crusted Strip Loin of Beef
Seasonal accompaniments
Fresh breads baked daily by our skilled SeaWorld bakers
Signature desserts

Beverages
Assorted Coca-Cola® products
Hot tea
Coffee
Beer and wine

Kid’s Buffet featuring all kids’ favorites:
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauce
Hot dogs
Mac and cheese
Seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables

Menu changes seasonally
Proof of age (21) for purchase or consumption of alcohol beverages on these premises. SeaWorld requires identification from anyone appearing 30 years of age or younger.
Service Type: All-you-care- to-eat Private Buffet.

Additional Information:
If you are concerned about food allergens, such as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, milk, egg or soy, please note allergens at time of booking.
MasterCard®, Visa®, Discover®, JTB® and American Express® accepted.
Florida sales tax will be added to all taxable items.
Menu subject to change

I'm very excited to read this! I have booked this as a surprise for my family when we go in September. I thought the price was quite reasonable considering. :) we need to figure out the must do's prior to 3 pm lunch. Any suggestions?

Is it worth it? My boyfriend is a big shamu fan so I'm thinking of booking it as a surprise!

We went this past March and we had a really nice time. I would definitely do it again. I think it would be a great surprise for your boyfriend!

We just did this last week. We always do this when we visit SeaWorld and feel that it is a very good value. There is unlimited soft drinks and beer and wine for the adults. Also included is a 5x7 souvenir family photo. It took approximately 1.5 hrs and the food is excellent -- especially the desserts :cheer2:

The show is also really enjoyable because it is much smaller and personal than the Shamu show. It has changed quite a bit over the years, since the accident. For example, the trainers no longer come around the tables to talk with the guests. Also, the dine area has been redesigned so the whales do not come as close to the tables as they use to in the past. That being said, I find that it still worth it and an excellent value.

We just did this last week. We always do this when we visit SeaWorld and feel that it is a very good value. There is unlimited soft drinks and beer and wine for the adults. Also included is a 5x7 souvenir family photo. It took approximately 1.5 hrs and the food is excellent -- especially the desserts :cheer2:

The show is also really enjoyable because it is much smaller and personal than the Shamu show. It has changed quite a bit over the years, since the accident. For example, the trainers no longer come around the tables to talk with the guests. Also, the dine area has been redesigned so the whales do not come as close to the tables as they use to in the past. That being said, I find that it still worth it and an excellent value.

What time did your dinner start? We are doing this on Sunday, but were just told to check the day of to see when it started. I would like to have a rough idea so we can plan our day.

Hello,

In September we have booked 'Dine with Shamu' for a dinner. It says we have to Present your Reservation Confirmation at the Information & Reservations Counter by 11:00am for lunch and by 3:00pm for dinner in order to receive your dining time.

In the day we are planning to go to Aquatica. Do you know if we can go first thing in the morning to Seaworld to get the dining time and then go to Aquatica, or if we can do it at Aquatica?

Thanks

Did it probably 10 years ago or so may be longer before the killing of Dawn. We got there as soon as dinner started because we were so excited and we got cold food since we didn't stir the food up. So before you put the food on plate stir it up. I don't remember what time we ate nore do I think we checked in before just went there at certain time. Why can't you call them and tell them you can't check in early due to plans to go to aquatica maybe they will give you a check in over the phone. Have fun it's a great experience.

Don't suppose anyone happens to know if they have non-fizzy soft drinks?? I've had surgery on my pancreas a few mths back and can't have alcohol or fizzy drinks :( Thanks!

Would love to do this next time we are in Orlando, DD has never been to seaworld but I think we will have a blast and dining with shamu sounds fun

It started at 5 PM. We had to check it at the Underwater Shamu Viewing area by 4:30. Hope you enjoy it!

We did this dinner last Weds. The check in time was listed on the park map, on the back near the show times. It said to check-in at the underwater viewing area at 4:15 for dinner. We checked in just a little before that, so we were near the end of the line when they began to seat people at 4:15. Not a big deal though, since tables are assigned by when you made your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter