Dine with Shamu to be discontinued on Jan 6

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
So, there goes one of my Christmas ideas for my wife.

Was planning on surprising her with that for our January trip....Does anyone else have any other suggestions on something I could do involving Sea World.

We will have our three year old so alot of tours are not a possibility.

Oh no. I didn't know they were discontinuing it. Wonder why?

Sharks underwater grill is nice and your daughter would like that too. Especially if you get a seat by the window. Really isn't a lot of other things to do except for the tours.

So, there goes one of my Christmas ideas for my wife.

Was planning on surprising her with that for our January trip....Does anyone else have any other suggestions on something I could do involving Sea World.

We will have our three year old so alot of tours are not a possibility.

Just wondering where you found out it was being discontinured! I know online you can't book past Jan 6th but just figured that is as far out as it was going, mmm, this was on my agenda for March as well!

Just wondering where you found out it was being discontinured! I know online you can't book past Jan 6th but just figured that is as far out as it was going, mmm, this was on my agenda for March as well!

That's a really good question. If I remember right, they just re-opened after a refurb this past summer, so I would hope they're not ending it this soon after that.

The online booking schedule only goes to January 6th, but I am very sure they will release another block of dates very soon. Like a pp mentioned, it is unlikely they will discontinue the dining experience when they just recently completed the refurb on that feature in the park.

I Googled it just to be sure, and there's absolutely nothing online to support the OP's post.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
The online booking schedule only goes to January 6th, but I am very sure they will release another block of dates very soon. Like a pp mentioned, it is unlikely they will discontinue the dining experience when they just recently completed the refurb on that feature in the park.

I Googled it just to be sure, and there's absolutely nothing online to support the OP's post.

Oh that's good. Thanks. I was wanting to try it out next yr.

I got that info from the rep with dining reservations when I called. I said I wanted to book it now, even if the discount wasn't available so that I could give some sort of receipt with a brochure for Christmas.

I also assumed it would be continued past the 6th, just at a higher cost.

She told me they were not taking any reservations after the 6th because it was being discontinued.

It very well may go beyond the 6th, but they are telling people it will be discontinued.

I called and talked to a rep today and it isn't being cancelled. They can't make any reservations past the 6th cause they don't have the new years inventory. So you have to wait til later to be able to make reservations. Good to know cause I am going to do it with the family next yr.

I called and talked to a rep today and it isn't being cancelled. They can't make any reservations past the 6th cause they don't have the new years inventory. So you have to wait til later to be able to make reservations. Good to know cause I am going to do it with the family next yr.

Ok, I think plenty of people would purchase at least 2 months out for one reason or another. It would make good business sense to be able to take customers' money as soon as they are ready to give it over. (Ok,that's all my sarcasm for today.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter