• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dine with Shamu review

aprhj

Second to the right and straight on til morning
I am looking for reviews of the Dine with Shamu that Sea World offers within the last year or so. Specifically if you feel the cost was worth it for the interaction, what you had for your food and drink offerings as well as if it was good, and any tips you have. Also should we wait until after the "show" to eat or eat while it is going on? We are thinking of doing this later this week or early next.
Thanks in advance!

Hi! I just did this a few weeks ago. I feel it is most definitely worth the cost. We were seated at a poolside table and our server was great. You can start eating as soon as being seated and I suggest you do so as most everyone leaves after the show concludes. We had mac and cheese, roasted beef, pork lion, pasta, roasted potatoes, salad, rolls, dessert and some other things I must be forgetting. Everything was very good. Not 5 star but above average for theme park food. We plan to do it again next time. The orcas come so close!

We went to the Dine with Shamu in April of this year and it was a lot of fun! The food was surprisingly good, at the end of the buffet line, there's a kid buffet with nuggets, mac and cheese, etc...
Here's the link to the menu:
http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/dine-and-shop/dining/dine-with-shamu/

We did it for lunch and they had us check in at 1:15 (I posted a review on the Dine with Shamu FAQ thread, helped me jog my memory!) and they tell you that the trainer will be out by 2, so we had plenty of time to enjoy lunch.
The big show was going on as we were eating, so you can't see the show. But as soon as the show's over, they bring the whales into the tank right in front of all the tables.
So you eat, then a trainer comes out and tells you all about the whales and then has them do flips and tricks and stuff, it was really cool! My 2 boys loved it!
I definitely think the cost was worth it because when we were there it was hot, so it was nice to sit in the shade and enjoy a leisurely yummy lunch while also getting to see Shamu really close! Plus they take your picture (included in the price) so we got a really nice family shot!
We watched the actual Shamu show later that evening, the last one of the night and it was great!
Have a great time! We loved it and would do it again!

Thanks for the comments, we are definitely adding it to our trip. Can anyone tell me what non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks are included?

Thanks again!

I really fancy doing this our trip too do you need to make reservations we're their during July cheers

I have reservations for the experience for October 26th (yes already). I would also like to know the beverage options included in the dinner. Based on previous information, I should have a good seat ...

I have reservations for the experience for October 26th (yes already). I would also like to know the beverage options included in the dinner. Based on previous information, I should have a good seat ...

When we went, I know we had our choice of milk, juice, and assorted soft drinks. Alcohol was also included....we didn't have any, so I'm not 100% sure of the offerings in that regard, but I'm pretty sure there was beer and wine at the very least.

Kids drinks were served in little souvenir Shamu cups (the small ones with the hard plastic straws).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter