Dine with Shamu, or Backstage at Believe?

snowbunny

DIS Veteran
From the SW website I'm having difficulty figuring out the difference between Dine with Shama and Backstage at Believe.
Both include dinner backstage.

Dine with Shamu promises Shamu up close and personal with trainer.

Backstage at Believe is poolside with show stage manager and is about the making of Believe; kids get a whale necklace and preferred seating at the show (are the "show kids" picked from attendees at this event?)

Feedback from anyone who has attended one or both of these? I am thinking of this for my DS birthday dinner, he will be 12 and has seen the show once. He loves whales and dolphins. Thanks.

Bumping this up, I'm interested in this as well! :thumbsup2

Shelby

We Dined With Shamu and it was most excellent! We did it for my dd's 7th birthday and had poolside seats for dinner. The food was good, the show was good, and then the trainers came around to the tables to answer questions and sign autographs. We had a great time -- down to the "beer included" with the meal. ;)

We did not do Backstage with Believe, but we just went early to the show and got seats right up front. And of course purchased the whale necklaces after.

We went to the Dine With Shamu on 11/29. I made the reservation on 7/3 and when we checked in I noticed that we were 6th on the list. True to what they tell you, we were at the 6th table. The seats were terrific!

The food selection was a great variety; service was prompt and attentive; the demonstration was fantastic. You get a REAL appreciation for how big the whale is - they brought over the largest one they have (12,000 lbs.). When he "splashed" by, my feet got wet (I was sitting by on the end). No one else at our table got wet. So, that was not an issue.

Sorry I don't have enough posts to upload them. PM me if you wish and I can send you some to see.

We did not do the Backstage at Believe meal, so I can't compare the two. But I would do the Dine With Shamu again!

We are goin in June for our honeymoon I am thinking about this maybe?! Is the price reasonable and how far in advance do you need to book?!

We did both in oct. I prefer Dine with Shamu cause you get to see a killerwhale up close and they tell about how they train them. And at the end you get to talk to one of the trainers. Backstage is more about the development of the show.
The food is the same!
Have a look at my TR in my siggie, plenty of pics from both events.

I paid $39 (adult) and $19 (kids). BTW, it looks like they're doing away with Backstage @ Believe and replacing it with more Dine w/Shamu times.

I paid $39 (adult) and $19 (kids). BTW, it looks like they're doing away with Backstage @ Believe and replacing it with more Dine w/Shamu times.

That would be a great idea. Dine with Shamu is almost always sold out.

How far in advance do you need to book to get a good table? Do all the tables have a good view? What is the food like?
Debsxx:lovestruc

; kids get a whale necklace
Everyone gets a necklace, adults also! :thumbsup2

How far in advance do you need to book to get a good table? Do all the tables have a good view? What is the food like?
Debsxx:lovestruc

Most of the tables have a good wiew. We always book the day before we want to go so we never get the "really good"seats. They get taken weeks before. Well, at the Dine with Shamu anyway. I don't think that Backstage is that popular. I got seats for that on the day.
The food is a buffet with salad, bread, different meat, friut, pasta, rice ect. A lot of nice stuff for children and some nice cake and candy. But get to the dessert fast cause they run out of that quite quick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter