Dine with Shamu at Sea World?

lillady718

Earning My Ears
Has anyone dined with Shamo at Sea World? It says it is a buffet, and seats are limited? Just wondered if it was worth it? (Is it $$$$$)

Yes! It is worth it.

You will be seated on the edge of the pool and the whales will be swimming right beside you. We did breakfast; we got to the park at 8:30 and saw the signs; just bought the tix on the spot, walked over to where we needed to be and were seated at a table that was three tables from the pool but near a platform in the pool that the whales "jumped" onto (you can see the whales on this platform in the pictures below). You can purchase the tickets in advance and I believe there is both breakfast and dinner available. Food was fine - scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuts, french toast, pastries & bagles, fruit, cereal, juice & milk + you could order fountain drinks & iced tea from the waitstaff. There are naturalists mingling to explain what the animals are doing and answer questions from guests. We didn't even see the Shamu show because we got so up close to the whales that it was enough of an experience for us. Would definately purchase tix in advance next time. Seating is limited; but we just walked up and purchased tickets. We were planning on having breakfast in the park anyway. I would look on their website for $$. Believe it was less than $100 for the four of us. Hope this helps!

Here are some pictures I took; this should give you an idea of how close you are:

f3bc023a.jpg

f3bc022d.jpg

f3bc021b.jpg

I never have... but a co-worker did with her preschool aged son and loved it. I think she did some sort of boxed lunch thing that was less expensive than the breakfast.

Sher

WOW Jilma! Very nice pictures!
Cool- glad I asked. Was making PS for DL/DCA and thought I should check this out.
:sunny:

As of Memorial day weekend, there was no breakfest offered, but who knows.

I did the lunch over memorial day as my parents were in town and my mom wanted to.
The food was excellent with sufficent offerings for picky children. Interaction with the Whales and the trainers was good. I personally would not do it on a regular basis, but It's worth it when you're on vacation.

We did the lunch back in 2003 and we LOVED it! The food was very good and you are literally right there with the whales. My niece (who at the time was 4 1/2) thought it was the best thing ever! Here are my scrapbook pages from the lunch!

shamu1.jpg

shamu2.jpg

We did the dinner with Shamu in Texas and it was great. The boys loved it and the food was good. I just wished we had brought our camcorder. :rotfl:

We did breakfast and dinner with Shamu. Ask about breakfast first, because ours was a question and answer thing - no 'tricks' at all.

I had finished my glass of wine when the Shamu 'beached'. We were soaked completely and my wine glass was full of water. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are doing the breakfast in 2 weeks, I made the reservations online about 3 to 4 months ago. I believe it was about $15 per person.

Reading this thread made me wonder about getting wet... I had not thought of that. Not something I want since we will be spending the rest of the day there, I hate walking around in wet clothes.

We are really looking forward to this though, it is a surprise for DD11.

SleepyMom said:
We are doing the breakfast in 2 weeks, I made the reservations online about 3 to 4 months ago. I believe it was about $15 per person.

Reading this thread made me wonder about getting wet... I had not thought of that. Not something I want since we will be spending the rest of the day there, I hate walking around in wet clothes.

We are really looking forward to this though, it is a surprise for DD11.

You will not really wet unless you sit in the slide out area. I also am curious, the two times we did the breakfast it was more of an informational thing with the killer whales swimming around. Have they changed the format? Dinner had the full show with the slide outs and the various tricks.

We have done this and we really enjoyed it. We did breakfast which was an average fair and plentiful. Our session was also geared more for education than entertainment. There was an employee that walked around on the edge of the pool doing a question and answer presentation.

I will say that this is one time that you may not want the front row. There isn’t a big splash danger, but when Shamu .. uhm… eerr.. blows his nose look out!!!!

That sounds like the breakfast shows we went to, The dinner with Shamu was the wet one. :rotfl2:

Well, they're all informational, but I think the trainers do more work with the Whales during Lunch and Dinner.

And, fyi, if you don't want to get wet, you probably shouldn't go to Sea World. I'm pretty sure it's in their mission statement to get every single visitor soaked.

The stadiums do have seats that are out of the splash zone, but in general.

The dolphin show was the wettest one we saw. If you were in ANY of the first 5 - 7 rows you got SOAKED. The dolphins are trained to use their tails to push water out of their tank into the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter