Dine with an Imagineer

katrina1122

My Tag Fairy Tag went bye-bye :(
Just made an ADR for the Brown Derby Lunch! This sounds sooo super cool. Any thoughts? Anyone done this?

DH and I did it two years ago and it was one of the highlights of that trip. I feel horrible but I'm drawing a blank on our Imagineers name at the moment but he was called the boy princess because he had designed the BBB in the castly. He was currently working on the Fantasyland expansion which we were just starting to hear about. Past things he could talk about freely but he couldn't tell us much about the expansion at the time. It was a very leisurely lunch and the food was fantastic.

Cathy

We did, though unintentionally, and it was fascinating.

We grabbed lunch at the new CS at Japan just as a whole group of imagineers who were there touring the Pavilion sat down to lunch. The discussions they had were a dang riot. My favorite was:

"Hey, why does the Japan Pavilion sell swords? Anybody find it weird that we sell stuff in the park that wouldn't make it through the security checkpoint?"

"...."

"Well, I'm just saying, if guests aren't allowed to have swords going into the park, then why..."

"You know, I'm glad they opened this place. The udon is amazing..."

We just got back from our trip and did this for our last lunch - good experience - great food - lots of opportunities to ask all kinds of questions - our imagineer was Dan - he was just back from Hawaii - now working on Test Trac and the Kim P redo - his area of expertise was show production.....verrrry interesting:thumbsup2 Nice keepsakes of personalized nametags, and autographed plates as well as menus.....worth doing at least once:wizard:

DH and I did it two years ago and it was one of the highlights of that trip. I feel horrible but I'm drawing a blank on our Imagineers name at the moment but he was called the boy princess because he had designed the BBB in the castly. He was currently working on the Fantasyland expansion which we were just starting to hear about. Past things he could talk about freely but he couldn't tell us much about the expansion at the time. It was a very leisurely lunch and the food was fantastic.

Cathy

He was our imagineer too! I believe his name is Jason Grandt. It was well worth the money.

My 18 yr old DS did it last yr, he had a good time, it lasted for quite awhile tho. He learned alot, had a great meal, and came back with a couple very nice souveniers signed by the Imagineer!

Oh wow, that review was so great. I'm super excited now and am no longer questioning the decison to make an adr.

I'm glad to hear that! It really is a once in a lifetime experience and I highly recommend it. And make sure to ask tons of questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter