Dilemma: Should all the kids go?

Is that troll I smell? :scratchin I hope it is as the mere thought of seeing a group of pre-tween boys being pushed around in strollers is absurd.

At 9 an 11 if anyone was getting pushed around it would be me an dad not the kids.

How did this turn into a stroller thread? :confused3

OP, I say for this trip just take your immediate family.

It's your first trip. It sounds like taking all the other kids might just make this a nightmare scenario.

Maybe in a year or two you could include the others and it will be easier for you since you will at least know the lay of the land and have more of a game plan to go with.

Am I reading correctly that your sons are 11 and 9 but you're getting a stroller?

If for some reason your children will need a stroller then I absolutely would not take any extra kids. Pushing children that old and that heavy duty a stroller will be exhausting.

Since this is a first post, I'm thinking that this is a joke.

It's Presidents' Day and the kids are out of school. Bored teen = troll.

They hit on all the hot topics, strollers, scooters and picky eaters. Now the only thing she left out was whether or not she can take her "little ones" into the ladies room with her

They hit on all the hot topics, strollers, scooters and picky eaters. Now the only thing she left out was whether or not she can take her "little ones" into the ladies room with her
:thumbsup2 and :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

"Will anybody mind if I bring 6 boys, age 9-11, into the ladies room with me?"

Actually, that thread would be kind of entertaining.

I'm sure they can find some old refillable mugs from Dixie Landing to bring along as well. ;)

Well if 2 of the kids are grandkids, them I'm assuming that one of the older sons are the father. They should be responsible for their own kids. That leaves 4 kids. If you insist on using a stroller for kids that old, get one double you can push and make them take turns.

Don't think so. A 22 year old with a 9 and 11 year old?

Comic genius...thanks you guys for the LOL! :goodvibes

How did this turn into a stroller thread? :confused3

OP, I say for this trip just take your immediate family.

It's your first trip. It sounds like taking all the other kids might just make this a nightmare scenario.

Maybe in a year or two you could include the others and it will be easier for you since you will at least know the lay of the land and have more of a game plan to go with.

It started as a stroller thread.

I am currently planning a trip to WDW for August 2015. And what started out as an off property, 6 day stay, has turned into a 10 stay at the A&A resort. TOTALLY excited here! :cheer2: Our party will include myself, DH, DS22, DS18, DD15,DS11,& DS9.
My DH has expressed an interest in taking his two grandsons (around same ages of our little ones) on this trip. I thought I'd like to take my nephews (ages the same) along as well. Upon really chewing this over, my concern is taking 4 extra children, 2 of whom are picky eaters (nothing other than chicken strips and hotdogs) and 2 other children who most likely wont handle too long days and all the hustle and bustle. My 2 are easy to please, will opt for a healthier meal and are complete diehards. But I intended on renting a stroller for them to keep them fresh for the whole day. Aside from this concern, how feasible would it be to manage 3 sets of strollers(double) and a DH in a scooter--even with older kids to help, I'm sure they plan to bail on us sooner or later.:crazy2: Taking all this into consideration...I'm really wondering, would it be best to concentrate on just us---FIRST TIME TRIP FOR ALL OF US. I guess I am worried that with other kids:meals, baths, bedtimes,park time etc. would tend to take away from our two sons and they will eventually just get lost in the shuffle. :laundy:
The otherside is having 6 boys all around the same age enjoying each other and having fun.:grouphug: Which is why I'd love taking them all. But DH says we can go again the following year. Would it be better to wait until then and just concentrate on our kids now??:confused3

Wait. The extra kids you are thinking of taking are 'around the same age' as your little ones...who are 9 and 11....why would you need three double strollers?

"Of course not".....as long as they don't put butter on top of their entire roll and slice it with a knife.

My kids daycare had a stroller like this:

18946260_BG2.jpg

You just need one in pre-teen sizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter