Dilema w/only 3 weeks to go

YCFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are staying YC 7/3&7/4 and transferring to Poly 7/5-7/9 then off to the HRH until the 12th. Just found out that due to work my husband has to leave on the 6th. Our children are 3 and 16 which means the 16 year old will be left without anyone to do anything with because I can't leave the 3 year old alone. Do I invite someone else to come with us and change all the PS's for the first part of the week to 5, try and have someone join us midweek (ticket situation will have to be redone) or just bear it for 6 days with an unhappy teenager? Any suggestions, advice, or consoling would be appreciated.

Originally posted by YCFAN
Our children are 3 and 16 which means the 16 year old will be left without anyone to do anything with because I can't leave the 3 year old alone.

Why can't you and the 3 year old go to the parks with the 16 year old? :confused:

Would you 16YO mind doing things alone? I have been going twice a year for the last three years. My DS is now 17. He enjoys going off by himself. We stay in touch with cell phones and meet up two or three times a day for meals and shows. I have never taken another teenager. I probably would if he had cousins or other family close, but we don't. I would see how he/she feels about it. He/she may even want to spend more time with you than you think.

YCFAN means that the 16 yr old will not have anyone to join him/her on rides because the 3 yr old can't go on the big rides.
It's a tough situation without an easy solution. Some can go on rides alone and others would rather not. Actually, your 16 yr old can use the single riders line on a lot of attractions and have a great time with little wait.
If he/she does not want to ride alone I would suggest to have either a friend or family member take your husband's place when he has to leave.
Sorry this has happened and I hope it turns out OK.

Just went to Disney and Universal with DD(3) and DS (11). Not much in common!
With parents and Grandparents we split up so each kid could do what they enjoyed. That worked better. We tried staying together one day at IOA but little one didn't get to do anything until end of day when we reached Seuss Landing.
Could you pay airfarefor a teenager friend or cousin?

That's exactly what I mean! He really doesn't like doing things by himself. He wants to add someone for the whole trip now which would mean redoing the PS's I have for the first four days. Adding is much harder than subtracting. Five in a room isn't exactly comfortable either but it looks like this is probably what we'll end up doing. I'd be willing to fly someone down in the middle of the week, but he's already saying please do it the whole week. Oh well, it sounds like the decision is already made. Now just rearranging things! Thanks for the suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter