Digitizer Tablet Question

Castle crazy

Mousketeer
Do any of you use Digitizer Tablets like the Wacom Bamboo or Wacom Intuos? If so which brand is your favorite and which particular model?
Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help!

I have a Wacom. I love it. It is the model before the Bamboos came out.

I have a Wacom Intuos 6x8 and love it. I have a friend that has the Cintuiqe which I may get when I grow up!

Yes, I have a Wacom Graphire. For casual use I can get by with the mouse but when things get serious I go for the tablet, it's much better.

I have the Intuis 6x8 as well. I pretty much just use it as a mouse. On rare occasions when I need to do a lot of precision work, I grab the pen. Still, I use it much less than I thought I would. In hindsight, I don't think it was a good purchase for me.

A tablet is something that you draw on. You use a special pen. As you draw on the tablet, it moves your mouse like you are drawing on the screen. Even better, it knows how hard you are pressing and many brushes on the screen adjust to the pressure you use on the tablet.

The latest Intuit tablet (I think it is the Cintique) is actually a little monitor so you can draw right on top of your picture. With other tablets, you look at the monitor and move the pen on the tablet.

Personally, I haven't found it to be much better than using a mouse. I think the big difference is that I don't ever draw/paint with it. I just use it for detailed touchup work and I can do that reasonably well with a mouse anyway. Most serious photos/graphic artists love theirs, so don't let me discourage you.

Do any of you use Digitizer Tablets like the Wacom Bamboo or Wacom Intuos? If so which brand is your favorite and which particular model?
Thanks in advance. I appreciate your help!

I used to work on one of these with a six foot by six foot back lit table does that count?
78photo.jpg

I have a 3 or 4 foot one in the closet still never hooked it up just dont ever seem to need it.

Genius PenSketch 6x8, used to use a wacom but when it died I tried this one because it was cheaper... frankly, they are pretty much equal in how well they work... so I would say go for which ever one you can find for the best price.

i have a wacom bamboo - i haven't used it much for photography work yet, but i love using it w/ corel painter and it's good for some adobe illustrator work as well.
one thing i've noticed though is that the tablet drawing area is right for my 15" macbook, but when i use it with a larger monitor i run into the sides of the drawing surface sometimes which messes up whatever i'm doing.
i bought it from amazon a couple months ago for a good deal, so i would check on there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter