Digitial Cameras???

laplbl@aol.com

Mousejunkie since 2003
My brother and his gf just happened to be in WDW right now and they are in need for a digital camera (the idiots forgot to bring one). Can you buy digital cameras anywhere in WDW and if you can, where??? It would be greatly appreciated that I find out as soon as possible.

Thanks for all you do

I have no idea and you probably won't get much response here. I am moving this to the Theme Parks Board, hopefully someone there can help you out.

I would suggest they ask at Guest Services at their resort. They may be able to help them find somewhere to go. I think there is a camera shop in Magic Kingdom but not sure if they sell digitals.

If they have a car they would be better off heading to a Walmart or Best Buy. Even if they sell digital camera in the park they would be paying top dollar for the camera and they memory. It would probably be cheaper to even take a cab to the store if they had to.

i'm quite positive the camera shops sell them, but selection will be limited (to kodak?) and you'll be paying a massive premium. I suppose it's something you'd prefer right away, but personally I'd have amazon.com ship overnight. probably pay less for it too.

You can also get them at the Dark Room in HS.

They can purchase a disposable at the same location. Cheaper than buying a whole new camera if it's just for this trip.

I left my digital camera back at the room, so I purchased a disposable one at the front of DHS. It took the worst pictures at night ever, I used 3 out of 26 in my scrapbook. I would suggest a cab ride to walmart:)

My camera broke when I was there back in 2008 so I ended up getting a ride to Walmart and bought a brand new one there for less than $100.00 and I LOVE it! If that's a possibility, I would suggest that! I couldn't find one on Disney property that I liked enough to spend any money on. Hope they find something!! :)

we were just there a week ago and we bought our son a ToyStory digital camera at World of Disney Store at downtown disney. It was only $50 and it holds over 500 photos....plus you can do funny things to them. It came with a cord to hook up to the computer. it's great!

it runs on AA batteries

My neighbours didn't bring a camera either in 2008. They went online and ordered one and had it shipped. I'm not sure where they ended up purchasing from.

They do sell cameras at WDW, but like posted earlier only a few models and they are more expensive than other places.

I left my digital camera back at the room, so I purchased a disposable one at the front of DHS. It took the worst pictures at night ever, I used 3 out of 26 in my scrapbook. I would suggest a cab ride to walmart:)
another reason to have your car.... you can go out at any time and avoid premium $$$ charges at Disney

another reason to have your car.... you can go out at any time and avoid premium $$$ charges at Disney

Not trying to open a can of worms but for my 4 person family to rent a very basic no frills small car for out stay would have been $400 plus the extra $25 each way times twice to bring my 2 childrens car seats on the plane (would not be checked for free on our airline) so I don't think even the premuim prices at Disney are $500 over retail.

Not trying to open a can of worms but for my 4 person family to rent a very basic no frills small car for out stay would have been $400 plus the extra $25 each way times twice to bring my 2 childrens car seats on the plane (would not be checked for free on our airline) so I don't think even the premuim prices at Disney are $500 over retail.

Luckily when I fly, I choose the airlines with the lowest overall fees. Both airlines I choose don't charge for carseats. I cannot believe an airline doesn't have them checked for free. What airline is that?

I personally wouldn't go on any vacation with out a rental. I like my freedom to travel around, even if its Disney and they love to hook you in. but each their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter