digital photo frame questions

kdtwiss

Mouseketeer
Ok, kind of OT, but I know there has been alot of discussion about digital photo frames and you all seem very knowledgeable - sooo- here goes- and I really appreciate your help.
My mom just got one for her mil and it seems the only way to load photos is using a memory card - but lots of the photos she wants to put in are already off her camera and in her computer - is there a way to transfer pictures from her computer to a memory card or directly to the photo frame? TIA!

if you put the memory card back into the camera and hook the camera up to the computer using the USB cable, you can then copy the pictures back onto the memory card - it acts just like another other portable storage device.

Or they sell little memory card holders with a Standard USB connection that will plug into her computer. She could also use one of those instead of her Camera.

Just get an extra Memory card you can get a 1Gb card for about $20 now. Then just send the photos to that just like anyother drive from the computer and then put it in the frame and your all set.

A card also makes it easy to change photos without changing them all.

Pick up a card reader at Circuit City or some other electronics store. Plug the reader into the USB port on your computer and put in the appropriate card into the reader (say, an SD card). Your computer will recognize the reader as an additional drive. Go to your picture file, right click on the picture and send the picture file to the appropriate drive. The card readers are relatively inexpensive and it is a fast way to transfer files to a card. They have them for all memory cards, and some will work for several different types of cards.

you guys are the best! I told my mom I would post this question for her and she said - should I just check in a couple days? And I laughed and said - no more like a couple hours! As usual - budget board to the rescue! Thanks ALL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter