• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Membership Cards?

So mine says dvc nd, annual
Does that mean it says I’m an annual pass holder?
Of note…I’m not
I am however an old resale owner with a blue card. I come in Wednesday and just want the stupid 10% off our dinners. Thanks

I am here now and the CM at MK last night and the CM in the store at Grand Floridian asked me to pull it up on my phone or watch. I showed my white card first and was denied. I then showed them MM and explained why I had tried…research! Lol

The CM in MK wanted my ID but the CM at the store wasn’t worried since it was my watch.

Both said they are to be looking for DVC Y. Neither mentioned knowing about the issues…

So, it still seems very inconsistent with what is happening but this is my second trip here and have had no luck yet with using anything but the MM.

I am here now and the CM at MK last night and the CM in the store at Grand Floridian asked me to pull it up on my phone or watch. I showed my white card first and was denied. I then showed them MM and explained why I had tried…research! Lol

The CM in MK wanted my ID but the CM at the store wasn’t worried since it was my watch.

Both said they are to be looking for DVC Y. Neither mentioned knowing about the issues…

So, it still seems very inconsistent with what is happening but this is my second trip here and have had no luck yet with using anything but the MM.

sounds like it’s a mess, and will be a mess for some time to come.

we go back in 2 months, and i am expecting a mess then as well

my annual pass comes up for renew right before the trip, im going to do that on the phone to try and save the nitemare in the park!

You will still need to stop at either a Guest Relations or Park Ticket Window once you get to WDW and show proof that you are eligible for the DVC pricing on the AP in order to activate the renewal.

Oh, right! Activation. Forgot

Last AP renew I did was at a window and kind of a mess and that was before THIS mess.

For it to “fix itself” will it just change in my apple wallet just one day? Or should I be deleting and reading it back in from time to time to see if it updated?
I use Google Pay. I left everything in my wallet as it was and checked it a week later. I did not delete and add back. Finally got a DVC Y / Annual. After reading all the comments lately, I'm starting to think I was just lucky.

I'm curious if anyone who's not eligible for discount has tried mobile checkout and had the discount automatically applied. When I was there in November, before I had my blue card, the discount applied automatically, even though I was not eligible then.

I'm curious if anyone who's not eligible for discount has tried mobile checkout and had the discount automatically applied. When I was there in November, before I had my blue card, the discount applied automatically, even though I was not eligible then.

Yes, I did mobile check out at World of Disney and the Emporium. The discount was automatically applied.

sounds like it’s a mess, and will be a mess for some time to come.

we go back in 2 months, and i am expecting a mess then as well

my annual pass comes up for renew right before the trip, im going to do that on the phone to try and save the nitemare in the park!

Again today, only MM would work at MK. So, for me, it’s been totally consistent with them wanting to see what is required. We shall see later at Epcot what happens.

Talked to few different CMs too and most did know that MM is the new way, including the one who had Earning My Ears. One had heard there were issues in January but hadn’t heard they were still happening.

For the AP, you will still have to activate it at GR when you get here even if you buy voucher by phone.

Yes, I did mobile check out at World of Disney and the Emporium. The discount was automatically applied.
This is since this change with your MM showing DVC ND?
Seems weird that they'd make this change but not make sure that the automatic discount doesn't get applied...

This is since this change with your MM showing DVC ND?
Seems weird that they'd make this change but not make sure that the automatic discount doesn't get applied...

yes, I did this last weekend. I just got back from a Fri-Sunday quick trip.

Been here since last night. Both the CM at Artist's Palette in SSR, and our waiter at Boathouse asked to see my "Digital Card" specifically.

The waiter did say that she may need to have me keep it open on my phone as some managers there apparently want to see it themselves. I took this to mean that the discount can't be added in manually by just anyone and the manager approving the discount either takes the waiter's word that they saw the digital card, or they'll come out to your table to see it themselves. Now, this is at a non-Disney location, so their processing of the discount is different, YMMV. As an aside, during the conversation, the waiter also said no one told them (the wait staff) why there was a change, or that physical cards weren't available ("So they aren't sending you guys actual cards anymore?"), just that they need to see the digital card brought up. I didn't ask her what happens if someone doesn't have the digital card.

Been here since last night. Both the CM at Artist's Palette in SSR, and our waiter at Boathouse asked to see my "Digital Card" specifically.

The waiter did say that she may need to have me keep it open on my phone as some managers there apparently want to see it themselves. I took this to mean that the discount can't be added in manually by just anyone and the manager approving the discount either takes the waiter's word that they saw the digital card, or they'll come out to your table to see it themselves. Now, this is at a non-Disney location, so their processing of the discount is different, YMMV. As an aside, during the conversation, the waiter also said no one told them (the wait staff) why there was a change, or that physical cards weren't available ("So they aren't sending you guys actual cards anymore?"), just that they need to see the digital card brought up. I didn't ask her what happens if someone doesn't have the digital card.

Thank you for the update. Are you referring to the digital card I would pull up on my DVC account (not the one from MDE)?
I just pulled that up and it now says, expiration of 3/22, which is different than it use to be, but maybe I'm late the party and this has been discussed.

I'm going in April and hoped my digital card from MDE would no longer show the ND since I purchased in 2009 but as of today, I'm still getting ND...gggrrrr.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for the update. Are you referring to the digital card I would pull up on my DVC account (not the one from MDE)?
I just pulled that up and it now says, expiration of 3/22, which is different than it use to be, but maybe I'm late the party and this has been discussed.

I'm going in April and hoped my digital card from MDE would no longer show the ND since I purchased in 2009 but as of today, I'm still getting ND...gggrrrr.

They want to see MM pass, not the temporary digital card from the website. The one that shows DVC Y.

I was in line at RIV gift shop the other day. The person showed the physical card and the manager said that is no longer eligible and to show MM. They Said they were having trouble and I shared how to do it into the wallet.

When I checked out the CM..not the manager said he didn’t understand the whole thing and that if someone says they are DVC, he’d just give it to them.

Well, probably wasn’t the right thing to say because I walked away I could here the manager explain that he is not to do that and that if a guest does not have the correct thing they are not to get the discount.

While I didn’t use it a ton this trip, all asked to see my digital card as well so it could be hit or miss but I do think they are expecting the new card from everyone now.

Digital as in the MDE/MM one. The temporary card you pull up on the DVC website has a rolling expiration date, 30 days from the current date. Print one today and it will expire 3/11/22, print one tomorrow and it will expire on 3/12.

So, if you currently have DVC ND on the MDE/MM, and you should be eligible for discounts (resale, but grandfathered), you will be denied the discount? What is the fix for this? I will not enjoy being told I am denied a 20% merchandise discount, or a 10% meal discount when I should be entitled to it at that particular location. I do not like leaving money on the table.

Prior posters have said that calling DVC is a non-starter. Yet the CMs in the parks and restaurants are now starting to enforce the MDE/MM 'DVC Y'. This is unfair, yet I do not know what is within my power to ensure that I receive the discounts that I am entitled to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter