Digital Membership Cards?

Tried that to no avail. Her DVC is asking for an activation code from our paperwork. I looked at our paperwork from 2002 and there is no code

Okay. A little off topic but am I the only one who didn’t know you can add screenshots to the Notes section on an iPhone, pin it, and then access it quickly?

I just set it up with my temporary blue card from website, drivers license and QR code from Magic Mobile. So easy!

Last trip I kept having to do another screenshot to put it close to the end since I was taking pictures and never knew you could do this!!!

I was hoping you weren't going to say that. :)Hopefully adding her DVC contract to her MDE will allow the DVC to show up in her MDE app

I got my card in my apple wallet, but I don't think it is correct. I am a blue card, grandfathered in (resale purchase before 2016), but it says:

DVC ND (I think it should say DVC Y). If I call will they fix this so I can get DVC discounts?

It also incorrectly says ANNUAL, but I my AP expired 6 months ago and i haven't renewed it.

So it's all wrong, I won't get the DVC discount that I am owed, but I will get the AP discount that I don't deserve. We don't buy merchandise, and the dining discounts are usually the same, so maybe it will work out to be similar anyway.

I got my card in my apple wallet, but I don't think it is correct. I am a blue card, grandfathered in (resale purchase before 2016), but it says:

DVC ND (I think it should say DVC Y). If I call will they fix this so I can get DVC discounts?

It also incorrectly says ANNUAL, but I my AP expired 6 months ago and i haven't renewed it.

So it's all wrong, I won't get the DVC discount that I am owed, but I will get the AP discount that I don't deserve. We don't buy merchandise, and the dining discounts are usually the same, so maybe it will work out to be similar anyway.
Yes, unfortunately that is a known issue right now for pre-2016 resale owners. They are supposedly working on it and hope to have it fixed in the next few weeks.

I did this following to “fix” this same issue for me (another user also did the same and said it worked).

First — remove the card from your wallet.

Next — In the MDE app go to your profile / account settings. Remove your cell phone and save settings. Go back into account settings and add the cell phone back and verify it (it took a minute for the verification code to get to me).

Next — Wait a few seconds and go back into MagicMobile. You SHOULD now see the DVC design (and AP if you are an AP). Add the card. It should add to Wallet with the DVC design and any affiliations you have.

Finally — never touch MagicMobile again as I assume it would break the affiliations.
Tried this, only partly works. I'm getting my dvc Y & AP designations, but not my castaway club or divc designations

Tried this, only partly works. I'm getting my dvc Y & AP designations, but not my castaway club or divc designations
Likely then something is coded wrong in your account. The instructions were simply to get the system to show affiliations, not to update the affiliations shown….

I agree … i am trying to think of how explain this to my parents, who are in their 60s and relatively tech savvy… in the end they will just give me their phones and tell me to do it :laughing: I can’t imagine this rolls out smoothly and that the majority of members figure out how to add this.
This is the problem. Not everyone has or uses the wallet on a smartphone. I heard from another DVC member that the digital card from the DVC site will be accepted as well. I would think they would have to allow it, because not everyone has/uses the tech that is required for this new system.

This is the problem. Not everyone has or uses the wallet on a smartphone. I heard from another DVC member that the digital card from the DVC site will be accepted as well. I would think they would have to allow it, because not everyone has/uses the tech that is required for this new system.
I would think that a good middle ground would be to have the "temporary" card that is accessible via the DVC site to also include your QR code. Then they can still scan it /ask for id for discounts.

Not sure what the MDE site is actually showing but my guess is the update is not completed. On the DVC site when I go to My Dashboard under My DVC, the top line of the Dashboard, "My Memberships," shows an entry for "Membership Card/Identification," and when I go there and then click "View Temporary Card," an actual image of a blue card in my name comes up that expires "02-02-2022," indicating that whatever update that is being done to show one's status on the MDE account may still be a work in progress. And if you are going to WDW in the very near future, I would suggest that you take with you a copy of that blue card image if you are a blue card member entitled to discounts.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the card has always shown an expiration date of one month from now when viewed on the DVC site. We took a screenshot of our card on the DVC site when we went to WDW last April and it showed an expiration date of one month. If I access it right now it also shows one month from today.

I would think that a good middle ground would be to have the "temporary" card that is accessible via the DVC site to also include your QR code. Then they can still scan it /ask for id for discounts.
True. I still think CMs will be able to give discounts at the register. Same thing with restaurants...is each server going to have something that scans a QR code? There has to be a manual way to give discounts for those that don't have the technology, or even for those that can't figure it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the card has always shown an expiration date of one month from now when viewed on the DVC site. We took a screenshot of our card on the DVC site when we went to WDW last April and it showed an expiration date of one month. If I access it right now it also shows one month from today.
It used to be 3 months. They changed it to 1 month after the MDE / MagicMobile cards were announced.

What a huge pain in the rear. I just went into the MDE app to try adding Magic Mobile to my wallet. No matter what I do, it will not add to my wallet. However, when I go into "Membership and Passes" on MDE it shows "Disney Vacation Club Member". This is what I will be showing CMs. I don't use the wallet on my phone anyway because I don't like linking things to it. I know two people who have had things hacked and info stolen from their "wallet". We'll see how it goes ;-)

What a huge pain in the rear. I just went into the MDE app to try adding Magic Mobile to my wallet. No matter what I do, it will not add to my wallet. However, when I go into "Membership and Passes" on MDE it shows "Disney Vacation Club Member". This is what I will be showing CMs. I don't use the wallet on my phone anyway because I don't like linking things to it. I know two people who have had things hacked and info stolen from their "wallet". We'll see how it goes ;-)
You have to have at least one credit card added to Apple Wallet to add the MagicMobile pass to it. Not sure what would happen if you remove the credit card after adding the pass.

You have to have at least one credit card added to Apple Wallet to add the MagicMobile pass to it. Not sure what would happen if you remove the credit card after adding the pass.
I added a credit card before trying to add Magic Mobile, because others on this thread had commented that a credit card must be added. I removed the credit card from my wallet after trying because, again, I am not going to have a credit card linked to my wallet. I don't think it is the safest thing. I will either access my digital card from the DVC site or access my proof of membership from MDE when I am at WDW. From what I understand, the digital version on the DVC will not be going away.

Good morning, I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I am able to add my dvc to my wallet however, my card goes to my husband's wallet as well. Turns out he doesn't have dvc as a membership on mydisneyexperience. I can't add it to his profile either. It says if I do it will transfer the membership to his account. We tried creating a new membership but we get "someone ate the page".

Can anyone direct me what to do to add dvc to his membership?

I have no credit cards loaded into Apple wallet. Never set any of that part up. I use the wallet for airline tickets and nfl games then delete them. The MagicMobil went in fine. Just had to reset the phone number with verification code to get the affiliation bar.

same for me.

I have no credit cards loaded into Apple wallet. Never set any of that part up. I use the wallet for airline tickets and nfl games then delete them. The MagicMobil went in fine. Just had to reset the phone number with verification code to get the affiliation bar.
Interesting. Previously you had to have a credit card setup (or perhaps one of your other tickets allowed it to work) in order for an express pass (which is what MagicMobile is) to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter