Digital Membership Card?

My first trip is in May since the change happened. I also discovered that my husband who is listed as a buyer but doesn't have his own DVC account, and he doesn't have a DVC card on the MDE site. We always go to Disney together and I'm the one who purchases everything. Does he really need his own DVC digital card on his phone? He'll get one if I ask him to, but does he really need one since we do everything together at Disney?

Another question, if we both have our own DVC accounts. How does that work when I'm the one who makes all our dining reservations and special event reservations that Disney and DVC offers. Will he still be on my "MDE" site/app so I can still make all our reservations at the same time as I always have done? Thanks.

He only needs it to get discounts when you are not with him. Doesn’t sound like that is the case. My DH does not and won’t be doing it unless something changes.

You can set up his account and connect at friends and it would still allow you to do all the planning. I do all the time with friends and family who have their own MDE accounts.

Thanks, I think I'm going to keep it as is for now. He doesn't need his own account.

What if I screenshot the DVC Y to her? I used to screenshot the blue card to her and they took that.

They want to see you pull up the actual digital card On your phone or watch.

Unfortunately, she is not eligible for discounts and was lucky that CMs took the screen shot that didn’t have her name.

They want to see you pull up the actual digital card On your phone or watch.

Unfortunately, she is not eligible for discounts and was lucky that CMs took the screen shot that didn’t have her name.
Hmmm...thanks for the info. I'm usually there anyway, but occasionally if the girls are around we might be separate.

I emailed DVC a few days ago to tell them I think they shouldn't require members to have smartphones in order to prove eligibility for discounts or other member benefits. I received a reply last night:

At this time, members with eligible Memberships are able to continue to identify themselves and take full advantage of current Membership Extras by accessing the digital version of the Member ID Card online at DisneyVacationClub.com/card. Members are welcome to take a screenshot on a phone or print a copy.

I replied that I hope they'll continue to allow a printed copy of the online Member ID Card to suffice even after MobileMagic is fully operational, and I pointed out that multiple reports on social media demonstrate that not all CMs know the online card is currently acceptable.

Does anyone know anything concerning how to add these things to the android? I hate using my phone for anything and i did whatever steps i could find. Only i see nothing mentioning DVC anywhere on MDE. Also i cannot find how to remove anything to "start over" and cannot find an image of anyone elses DVC card on an android. TONS for apple tho. Basically i am lost here and not at all sure what to do. any help would be immensely appreciated!!!

Does anyone know anything concerning how to add these things to the android? I hate using my phone for anything and i did whatever steps i could find. Only i see nothing mentioning DVC anywhere on MDE. Also i cannot find how to remove anything to "start over" and cannot find an image of anyone elses DVC card on an android. TONS for apple tho. Basically i am lost here and not at all sure what to do. any help would be immensely appreciated!!!

Once you set up your Mobile Magic card in MDE, you then have to add it to Google Pay. That will allow you to access the details that will now show the DVC Y on the pass.

Personally I don’t think I want a discount from DVC that badly.
How much personal financial info do you want to give them access to?
I am currently so uncomfortable with the fine print , I am considering removing the stored Disney Visa Credit Card that is on myMDE .

I could not get the card to add to my apple wallet so I saved image of the temporary card to my phone. I only had one CM question it. My mom did not want to have it on her phone at all and tried using her old plastic card. I would say 75% of CMs accepted it. This was a few weeks ago when we went.

I was NOT allowed to do a DVC annual pass renewal last week for a sorcerer pass at a ticket window without the electronic card in the wallet. They would not accept the plastic card or any other proof of membership. I had left my phone in my room and had to go back for it.

Once you set up your Mobile Magic card in MDE, you then have to add it to Google Pay. That will allow you to access the details that will now show the DVC Y on the pass.
I guess I'm a little backward. What does being a blue card member have to do with Google Pay? I'm not even sure what Google Pay is. Is it linked to a credit card or bank account? I don't want to pay through my phone, and if I lose my phone I don't want someone else to have access. I went to add the pass in magic mobile but didn't download google pay and now I don't know where to find my pass. I guess I'll need to do a screenshot and hope for the best. Maybe if I get my kids involved, they can set it up for me. :confused3 :crazy2: :sad2: I don't know what to think.

I guess I'm a little backward. What does being a blue card member have to do with Google Pay? I'm not even sure what Google Pay is. Is it linked to a credit card or bank account? I don't want to pay through my phone, and if I lose my phone I don't want someone else to have access. I went to add the pass in magic mobile but didn't download google pay and now I don't know where to find my pass. I guess I'll need to do a screenshot and hope for the best. Maybe if I get my kids involved, they can set it up for me. :confused3 :crazy2: :sad2: I don't know what to think.
Google Pay is Android's term for a digital wallet -- think like a physical wallet that may have credit cards AND store membership cards in it. In this case your DVC Membership card is in your Google Pay wallet (just like your old Blue card used to be in your physical wallet). It is not linked to a credit card, etc, it's simply a storage space for it. The ONLY place you will be able to store the card is in Google Pay (Android) or Wallet (iPhone).

As I've said before...it would be soooooo easy for DVC to issue cards similar to KTTW cards, which contained all your pertinent info. They could differentiate between white and blue card, and could even be deactivated immediately once you're no longer a "qualifying" member. Cast members scan the card, match it with your picture id you provide, and voila!

I guess that makes way too much sense, though.

I hate all this digital crap.
I agree about using a kttw card, they give those things away like candy. I left my magic band in the room and my phone wouldn't open the door, I had tried on check in. Walked by the front desk and explained... "No problem Mrs. Lee I'll just get you a card" Thank you very much.
I think Disney is getting ahead of themselves with this digital revolution. So what if a member sold their points and still gets a discount for the rest of the year. You can't prevent every scenario. My Disney vacation is becoming less and less relaxing.

Google Pay is Android's term for a digital wallet -- think like a physical wallet that may have credit cards AND store membership cards in it. In this case your DVC Membership card is in your Google Pay wallet (just like your old Blue card used to be in your physical wallet). It is not linked to a credit card, etc, it's simply a storage space for it. The ONLY place you will be able to store the card is in Google Pay (Android) or Wallet (iPhone).
okay

I agree about using a kttw card, they give those things away like candy. I left my magic band in the room and my phone wouldn't open the door, I had tried on check in. Walked by the front desk and explained... "No problem Mrs. Lee I'll just get you a card" Thank you very much.
I think Disney is getting ahead of themselves with this digital revolution. So what if a member sold their points and still gets a discount for the rest of the year. You can't prevent every scenario. My Disney vacation is becoming less and less relaxing.
The card in the digital wallet can be remotely updated by Disney to remove the DVC affiliation that indicates eligibility for Membership Extras if someone sells their membership.

It can also be remotely updated to change it to show the member is eligible for Membership Extras if necessary due to a recent direct purchase.

One thing I miss about the original blue cards, was it had my member number on it. The Apple Wallet one doesn't. So when calling Member Services, I have to look up my member number on my dashboard in order to type the number in on my phone while waiting for MS to answer. I have to admit I have kept the blue card just to have my member number readily available.

One thing I miss about the original blue cards, was it had my member number on it. The Apple Wallet one doesn't. So when calling Member Services, I have to look up my member number on my dashboard in order to type the number in on my phone while waiting for MS to answer. I have to admit I have kept the blue card just to have my member number readily available.

I keep the screenshot on my phone now for this very reason. I pinned it in a Note on my iphone so I can find it easily!!

Can anyone send a image of their card in google pay, I want to make sure ours is similar, can only find pics of the apple version. mine says nothing about DVC member, nothing at all, just a QR code and a number. My blue card had everything, this new mess is just that . . . a mess. Its definitely not hard to accept the cards anymore. We have moonlight magic next month and do not want to miss it due to their phone requirements . . . . :-(

Can anyone send a image of their card in google pay, I want to make sure ours is similar, can only find pics of the apple version. mine says nothing about DVC member, nothing at all, just a QR code and a number. My blue card had everything, this new mess is just that . . . a mess. Its definitely not hard to accept the cards anymore. We have moonlight magic next month and do not want to miss it due to their phone requirements . . . . :-(
Click on "Details" in Google Pay and the screen should look similar to this. You will only have "annual" under affiliations if you are an AP holder.
Screenshot_20220523-183532_Gallery.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter