Digital card tip

Not all will accept that. At some point, those temporary cards will be gone too.

It’s the new way forward.
I believe what @WilsonFlyer is saying to take a screen shot of the "info" screen (the one that says DVC Y) and pull that up.

What I've done is use the Shortcuts app on the iPhone to create a homescreen shortcut so that I can tap an icon and it opens Wallet and goes straight to the Disney card in the Wallet. Then I just have to tap to pull up the info screen.

I also created a screenshot of the back and stuck it in the Notes app.

I believe what @WilsonFlyer is saying to take a screen shot of the "info" screen (the one that says DVC Y) and pull that up.

What I've done is use the Shortcuts app on the iPhone to create a homescreen shortcut so that I can tap an icon and it opens Wallet and goes straight to the Disney card in the Wallet. Then I just have to tap to pull up the info screen.

I also created a screenshot of the back and stuck it in the Notes app.

I got that. And, in my last trip, screenshots of the DVC Y were not taken. They did in January but told me as things got fixed, you would be required to pull it up. So, the places I went wanted it pulled up on my phone or watch.

I know its still inconsistent, but many CM's want to see it pulled up and not shown the screenshot of it.

I got that. And, in my last trip, screenshots of the DVC Y were not taken. They did in January but told me as things got fixed, you would be required to pull it up. So, the places I went wanted it pulled up on my phone or watch.

I know its still inconsistent, but many CM's want to see it pulled up and not shown the screenshot of it.
Got it. Thanks for the info. My shortcut that I created does actually pull up the card so at least I have that to work off of :-)

Got it. Thanks for the info. My shortcut that I created does actually pull up the card so at least I have that to work off of :-)

I am going to try to use that app for my trip next week and see how it goes. I also have my Apple Watch and it is just as easy to pull it up there. !!

What about us that have the old flip-phone only!
I do not have a smart phone and do not plan on ever getting one.
Even MS cannot tell me what I need to do.

It appears that at this point, that eligibility now requires a digital card to access the discounts. They have not yet removed the temporary card from the website, so maybe at least try to print that out and hope for the best as there is still inconsistency in what CM's are taking . I am reading more reports of CMs wanting the digital card and that has been my experience as it was pretty chill in January with them accepting screenshots, etc. to wanting me to pull up my Apple wallet and show them the DVC Y by my March trip.

Frustrating for those that don't have access, but at this point, all you can do is complain and see if they change things up.

Must be very inconsistent. When we were there for 9 days the last 2 weeks, every CM was fine with our screen shot. Not one mentioned the DVC Y stuff (does the fact that the DVC card is blue satisfy that?) A couple just looked at the DVC slider I had been sent a few years ago on my MB, and one just took my word for it (I think that was at B&C).

I really hope that one day this is all just loaded on our magic bands and we can tap and go, everything automatically applied. Less to worry about with cast members with different levels of training with every new thing that rolls out, etc. It would be so so much easier than even the physical cards.

I really hope that one day this is all just loaded on our magic bands and we can tap and go, everything automatically applied. Less to worry about with cast members with different levels of training with every new thing that rolls out, etc. It would be so so much easier than even the physical cards.

Unfortunately, the only logical reason/answer as to why they haven't done this already is that they don't want the ease/convenience to the guest. Certainly, the technology challenge is non-existent. They make a lot of money off guests who forget or 'don't go to the trouble.' Probably way more than we may think at first. Making it easier for guests to save money is no longer part of Disney's DNA.

Unfortunately, the only logical reason/answer as to why they haven't done this already is that they don't want the ease/convenience to the guest. Certainly, the technology challenge is non-existent. They make a lot of money off guests who forget or 'don't go to the trouble.' Probably way more than we may think at first. Making it easier for guests to save money is no longer part of Disney's DNA.
This may be true, and I've forgotten on a few occasions. However, I was saved a couple of times from my forgetfulness by a CM asking me if I was using any discounts.

Just tried it and it does bring my card up and all I am told is to HOLD NEAR Reader (I guess to pay). I wonder is it will pay a bill since it doesn't list my Discount Y on it yet.

OMG, thank you!
I keep seeing my card come up on my phone and I thought Disney (or Apple) was doing some mind meld thing on me.
I must be doing this with the buttons when I'm holding my phone because it happens at least twice a day for me and usually
when I get out of my car from work.

THANK YOU.

Very frustrating. The rollout of no physical cards ranks right up there in poor Disney decisions. Lots of tech issues for us to get this to work, and we are savvy and have newer iPhones. The blue card from my pocket along with an ID always worked without fail or effort.

I dont know what was wrong with the (removed) blue card. New technology stinks all around, nothing seems to be able to keep up with demand. I dont use the wallet on my phone, I wish they would just let you use the either option.

It appears that at this point, that eligibility now requires a digital card to access the discounts. They have not yet removed the temporary card from the website, so maybe at least try to print that out and hope for the best as there is still inconsistency in what CM's are taking . I am reading more reports of CMs wanting the digital card and that has been my experience as it was pretty chill in January with them accepting screenshots, etc. to wanting me to pull up my Apple wallet and show them the DVC Y by my March trip.

Frustrating for those that don't have access, but at this point, all you can do is complain and see if they change things up.

At Pop Century, the CM wanted to see the screenshot of the temporary card because it had a date it expired. Everywhere else, they took the digital card. No one asked to see ID this time, compared to last January where we were asked to show it almost every transaction.

At Pop Century, the CM wanted to see the screenshot of the temporary card because it had a date it expired. Everywhere else, they took the digital card. No one asked to see ID this time, compared to last January where we were asked to show it almost every transaction.
I had one CM ask me for an ID while using my digital card. The CM at the DVC lounge at Epcot asked for one. She said she had to match my name because she wasn’t sure it was my phone. I’m afraid I nearly rolled my eyes back into my head. Like I would go to that much trouble for a mini bag of Cheezeits and a Diet Coke.

We had an issue using our wallet digital card at Steakhous 71. The waitress said she needed to see the expiration date. That was the first we heard of that all week. We were confused. She spoke to the manager and gave us the discount. Not without an attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter