Digital Camera

cougar242

Mouseketeer
I saw the post about digital camer for kids but this is a little different.

I am wanting to get a digital camera for my mom who is in her 60s, she is still using the old school kind. What are your recommendations for budget friendly easy to use camera for her?

Thanks!!

THe Canon is 1300 is nice for $130.00 there are others for less. However you want to avoid cameras with AA batteries.

We have a Nikon Coolpix that we love. My mom also just recently got one and she likes that it's easy to use. There are several different models that range in price from $100-$150.

I like the fact that ours does use AA batteries. Makes it so much easier to have extra batteries on hand and not having to worry about charging special batteries. We get the rechargeable batteries made for electronic devices like cameras.

THe Canon is 1300 is nice for $130.00 there are others for less. However you want to avoid cameras with AA batteries.

I couldn't disagree with this more!!!!!

And either could my DD who is really into photography. In fact she asked for a point and shoot for Xmas so she doesn't have to carry her good expensive camera when she is just out with friends and this was the first thing on her list that it must use AA batteries.

With AA's you can always get a battery for your camera no matter where you are. If you remember at the last minute you need to take your cmaera you can put batteries in and go. If you use a re-charg from the camera you are stuck.

When she went to Italy with school she said so many times the kids with the cameras with rechargable camera only batteries missed pictures because if they were out for the day and the camera in the kids bags accidentally was left open and then they took it out the battery was dead and they couldn't do anything about it. She on the other hand could pop in AA's and go. even buy them there if needed.
Same thing at Disney, yes AA's are hi in the park but have you seen what they charge for a specific camera battery there?

I would get her a simple canon point and shoot with AA's. we have had very good luck with ours and that is what I'm getting her but probably one with a few more manual adjustments than you would want.

I believe Target had one on sale recently for $89

I would agree with getting a camera with AA batteries. It's so easy to get AA batteries whereever you are. However, with the special ones, you need to have a spare just in case.
I have a DSLR camera and I'm looking for a simple point and shoot that's reasonable to just keep in my purse rather then lugging around the good camera. I still haven't found one I really like, but I'm super picky. ;)

It is personal preference. It is best to use recylable as everyone has mentioned. It adds cost unless you have them already and bulk. the canon cameras I have last all day on a charge even in the parks...

You really need to take the person to the store and try the cameras out in their hands.

We picked up a couple of the little camera's on Black Friday at Walmart. They are Kodak, 12 megapixel. They were on sale for $59. My mom bought 1 for my son for Christmas but my uncle also bought one for himself. He was just wanting a little one easy to use. He took some pics with it and they came out terrific!!!!!! For a little cheapie easy to use I would recommend this one. It has gone up $20 since BF, but for $79 it is still a GREAT deal. I have the big Nikon, and I've been wanting to get a smaller one that I can just toss in my bag, and this is it. It is the Kodak Easyshare C182.

When we had a camera that took AA batteries at Disney they kept running out. Yes I could find them but it was frustrating. Having to constantly replace meant missing great pics. I now have a kodak with a rechargeable battery. I only charge it up once in a great while. It lasts forever. I paid around $89 for it a year ago. Not the quality of a canon but a nice simple camera. I wanted that would use my SD card that I already had too. The kodak fit the bill there. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter