Digital camera users HELP! Lag time?!?!?!

Spinning

<font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something
Ok as some of you know my camera is in the shop and I am using a loaner and my mom's digital. It is a good one, 3.2 meg 3x optical zoom...
I took it tonight to take shots of my DD gymnastic class. I missed almost every thing and got the landing. How much time do you need? How do you know when to take the picture? It was great for the posed shots but any movement forget it! I need to have the hang of it by Friday for Field day!

You can change your shutter speed to take pictures faster or of moving objects.

Here's a great website with tips, reviews and other stuff. Just look up your mom's camera and it should have a review and maybe some instructions. If not, you will have to get your mom's user guide.

http://www.dpreview.com/

My HP book recommends focusing on the area where you expect the action to occur.....so like focus where she would land...hold the button in and when the person/people get there click pix.....

I have found it very hard to photo action shots with my digital. I have 5 mega pixel and an 8 x zoom. Still the photos come out with less quality then I would like. the guy at the camera store told me for action 35mm is still the way to go.

You might want to go buy a good disposable camera for field day. Then use both types of camera. That way maybe you will be guaranteed some good shots. Most disp. cameras contain 800 speed film and take great shots. just no zoom:(

Another note from the camera shop was too let the camera do its own thing. Unless you really have time to learn the shutter speeds/focus/lighting....etc, set it on auto and let it go. It will know whats best ......I sure hope this helps somewhat. But I doubt it.

Thanks for the info.
I do have a loaner 35mm that hopefully takes nice pictures. I used it last night too and need to take 1 more picture to finish the roll. THen I plan to take it to be developed just so I know for sure it works!
It is amazing how depend you get on a camera.! I swear since I started scrapping a hardly use the camcorder! I want pictures lots and lots of pictures!
Timon thanks for the link!

Hi: I am a great fan of digital cameras, but the lag time is one ting that I have had the hardest time with. My daughters also were in gymastics, and I would always get the landing, not the flight. I really had to learn when to snap, and it was allot earlier than one would think. It takes some getting used to, but worth the effort. Also you must up the shutter speed. And that will not decrease the lag time. I have an option on my Olympus C4000 that allows me to take a burst of shots. So, along with a fast shutter, I will use do that. Just experiment with your camera allot. And, read the manual over and over. I like the fact that I can come home from an event with 100-200 pictures and find 20-50 really great ones. and then there is Photoshop, so the possibilities are endless with digital!!! Have Fun!

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter