Different last name on passport vs. vaccine card

grossguy

Earning My Ears
Anyone have experience with this? My wife's maiden name is on her passport so I booked her under that name. Her married name is on her vaccine card. Will there be any issue when uploading info to Safe Passage? Would also uploading a copy of our marriage certificate suffice?

Thanks, so does anyone know if Inspire would accept it?
I would call them to ask. I had to call a couple times before our recent cruise. Although it was tough to get through, I requested call backs that showed up as spam, once I talked to someone they were very helpful.

Did you reach out and ever get an answer? I am in the exact same boat.
Yes, actually. I emailed them and they responded 2 days later. They said there is an option when uploading your documents to upload additional govt issued documents regarding recent name change. They will review them to confirm and approve.

So a new married name does not mean you need a new passport?
Yes, it should. When I got married, I specifically read online that I should not change my name legally UNTIL after the honeymoon because of the passport thing. Also, it's such a pain in the butt, I've been married twice and I don't care if this one doesn't work out...I am never changing it again LOL

Anyone have experience with this? My wife's maiden name is on her passport so I booked her under that name. Her married name is on her vaccine card. Will there be any issue when uploading info to Safe Passage? Would also uploading a copy of our marriage certificate suffice?
Did you update her passport? when I got married my passport wasn't due to expire so they typed on one of the last pages that my name had changed to my married name. This came in handy when I had to sell a car that was titled in my maiden name :). That might help if you updated the passport and it will match.

I can't speak to the cruise, but clearly she needs to get that straightened out before it comes up again as an issue.
My son and DIL got married six years ago and she didn't want to change her name, which is fine. They two kids came along and it got to be such a huge hassle with the kids having a different last name, that she has decided to change her name and get her License, Social Security Card, Professional Licenses, Employment payroll records and Insurance documents switched.

I can't speak to the cruise, but clearly she needs to get that straightened out before it comes up again as an issue.
My son and DIL got married six years ago and she didn't want to change her name, which is fine. They two kids came along and it got to be such a huge hassle with the kids having a different last name, that she has decided to change her name and get her License, Social Security Card, Professional Licenses, Employment payroll records and Insurance documents switched.
What kind of huge hassle because the kids having a different last name? That is so common, and has been for 35 years and more, I would not expect it to be a hassle.

What kind of huge hassle because the kids having a different last name? That is so common, and has been for 35 years and more, I would not expect it to be a hassle.
She was surprised and I admit I was surprised. But changing her last name eliminated the issue. Her employer's "system" refused to allow insurance coverage on my Granddaughter automatically because of the different last name. My DIL had to bring in our granddaughter
s birth certificate, her birth certificate, and my son's birth certificate and go through a process to get the insurance straightened out. The best part, her employer was the State of California, not some small company. We later learned this was an offshoot of extra security added to the state insurance coverage. Apparently they had a problem with unrelated people adding minors to their policies so they had health insurance........and thus ripping off both the state and the insurance company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter