Different Costs?

LikeSeriously

Mouseketeer
I just priced the LM room at AoA with DDP and the DDP appears to be around $1000 for two adults and one child for 7 nights. Then I priced it for a Nemo Suite at AoA and it was around $1500 for the same people, same nights. Am I doing something wrong or does the DDP not cost the same for all rooms?

The DDP price would be the same no matter where you go. The price difference is probably between the LM ROOM and the Nemo SUITE. However, it shouldn't be $1000 for 7 nights. It should be closer to $820.

I just priced the LM room at AoA with DDP and the DDP appears to be around $1000 for two adults and one child for 7 nights. Then I priced it for a Nemo Suite at AoA and it was around $1500 for the same people, same nights. Am I doing something wrong or does the DDP not cost the same for all rooms?
Cost the same for everyone at every resort level:

2013 Disney Dining Plan Pricing

Quick-Service Dining Plan
(all year long)
$37.58 per night ages 10 and up
$14.32 per night age 3 to 9

Basic/Regular Dining Plan
(Value and Regular Season)
$55.59 per night ages 10 and up
$17.16 per night age 3 to 9

(Peak Season)
$56.94 per night ages 10 and up
$18.16 per night ages 3 to 9

Deluxe Dining Plan
(Value and Regular Season)
$99.97 per night ages 10 and up
$26.84 per night ages 3 to 9

(Peak Season)
$102.27 per night ages 10 and up
$28.91 per night ages 3 to 9

The total for your family for 7 nights on the Basic DDP would be $898.38, no matter what room category or resort you are staying at.

DDP always costs the same. It's something about the other package components. Calculate the cost of DDP and subtract it from the full cost. Then figure out what else you are paying for. Make sure they haven't included trip insurance in the quote.

sharonabe said:
The DDP price would be the same no matter where you go. The price difference is probably between the LM ROOM and the Nemo SUITE. However, it shouldn't be $1000 for 7 nights. It should be closer to $820.

The difference in the LM and Nemo for 7 nights is about $1300. What I did was set up LM and our tickets and wrote that price down, then added the DDP so I could see how much extra it was. Then I did the same for the Nemo room. When I added DDP to our Nemo room, it increased by like $1600. Maybe the site was being glitchy. I'll go try it all again and see.

Okay hold on. I might have misspoke. I'll be back in a bit with an update when I can check again. Thanks for y'all's help!

Okay this is what I get:

Everything is at AoA for 7 nights with 6 base park tickets for two adults and one child. The dining I'm adding now is the 1QS/1TS plan.

LM Room
No Dining: $1813.72
With Dining: $2712.10
Cost of Dining: $898.38

Nemo Suite
No Dining: $3092.94
With Dining: $3991.32
Cost of Dining: $898.38

So I was doing something wrong before or the site was being screwy. Just thought I'd post what I found the second time in case anyone else had the same question.

On an unrelated note, I cannot believe the cost difference in the LM Room and Nemo Suite!

On an unrelated note, I cannot believe the cost difference in the LM Room and Nemo Suite!

Well, if you think about it, you're basically getting 2 full rooms with the suite so the fact that it's coming in at less than double the price of the single room seems pretty reasonable.

clanmcculloch said:
Well, if you think about it, you're basically getting 2 full rooms with the suite so the fact that it's coming in at less than double the price of the single room seems pretty reasonable.

Not when you consider that it only sleeps 5 (maybe 6, can't recall) and two singles sleep 8. I have friends going when we do and they will have to book two LMs for 7 people because one Suite will not work. If it had two bedrooms plus the living area or two queens in the one bedroom then I could see the difference being so high. But they are only giving you more room for 1, maybe 2 people. No where near the capacity of two LMs.

The floor space is the same as 2 rooms. If they didn't make the rooms suites then they could put 2 rooms in the space of the one suite. Yes, the occupancy is 6 and won't work for parties of 7 or 8 like 2 rooms would, but it's still the space of 2 rooms. With the occupancy being 2 less than 2 rooms though, you also get a kichenette and sitting area and dining table with chairs. It doesn't work for everybody but it is a heck of a lot more than a regular room.

clanmcculloch said:
The floor space is the same as 2 rooms. If they didn't make the rooms suites then they could put 2 rooms in the space of the one suite. Yes, the occupancy is 6 and won't work for parties of 7 or 8 like 2 rooms would, but it's still the space of 2 rooms. With the occupancy being 2 less than 2 rooms though, you also get a kichenette and sitting area and dining table with chairs. It doesn't work for everybody but it is a heck of a lot more than a regular room.

Your statement was that you are getting two full rooms and that's what I'm disagreeing with. Can't see where some extra floor space and a microwave are worth an additional $1300. It's not the same as two rooms if you can't sleep double the people. I wasn't arguing that it was a horrible deal or anything. Just simply said I couldn't believe the difference in price. You can get Mod rooms that sleep 5 cheaper that AoA Suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter