• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Different collections

Instructorbritt

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,
I was just wondering what different types of things you all collect. My husband and I wont be able to go to WDW for awhile, so to compensate for it, I'd like to start a collection. I just don't know what to collect yet. Thanks for all responses ahead of time!

Brittany:tinker:

Some that is fun and gets you out of the house is Penny Pressing. There are many websites dedicated to it and so many locations.

I live in PA and we traveled to Philadelphia to Pittsburgh to Gettysburg and even to the beach in NJ. It is little weekend trips that give you a place to go and something collect :)

While some choose a specific thing (e.g. pins, snowglobes, etc.) my collection is more theme-centric. Anything connected to the movie Fantasia, Mary Poppins / Penguins, Maleficent, or Figment.

We do the 3" vinylmations! Love them!! We collect the park series. I guess you can say it compensates for us not being in the parks! And those Mickey's are just so cute!

When I started my Disney addiction I collected snowglobes. My family loved it because they finally had something they could buy me for birthdays and Christmas. I now have over 100 huge snowglobes and no place to put them.
then I got addicted to pins. I have thousands of pins, all types, I never had a theme like daber I just bought everything I could from WDW.
then I got into the antenna toppers. I tried to stick to only the Mickey head shapes. thiose guys at Disney are too smart, they kept making more and more to keep me addicted. Now I have about 50.
I won't even go over to the shelves in the shops at WDW to look at the Vinlymations. They are so cute but I just can't do it anymore. I have a 10 room house and every room has something Disney in it but no room for vinlymations.
If you want to start a collection of Disney stuff I have lots of snowglobes, pins and antenna toppers I could sell you....

When I started my Disney addiction I collected snowglobes. My family loved it because they finally had something they could buy me for birthdays and Christmas. I now have over 100 huge snowglobes and no place to put them.
then I got addicted to pins. I have thousands of pins, all types, I never had a theme like daber I just bought everything I could from WDW.
then I got into the antenna toppers. I tried to stick to only the Mickey head shapes. thiose guys at Disney are too smart, they kept making more and more to keep me addicted. Now I have about 50.
I won't even go over to the shelves in the shops at WDW to look at the Vinlymations. They are so cute but I just can't do it anymore. I have a 10 room house and every room has something Disney in it but no room for vinlymations.
If you want to start a collection of Disney stuff I have lots of snowglobes, pins and antenna toppers I could sell you....
:rotfl:who do you think you are kidding?
you will never part with a single one..
so..
my suggestion is to do what I did....
when a 10 room house is too small...
move to a 16 room one.:lmao:

Well my wife and i collect Pins, Vinyls and she enjoys finding snowglobes. But I really like just finding anything Maleficent.

i collect magnets...my favorite being ride and resort ones. i also collect themed plush mickeys. i am seriously thinking about collecting pins next trip.

I collect plush toys of my favorite characters, Stitch and Eeyore. I mostly go for the seasonal/event plush that I can find every few months at a Disney Store. :)

I used to collect mugs. They used to make a certain shape and size mug with different movies represented. They stopped making those, so I stopped collecting mugs per say.... though I do still like them and get one occasionally. The difference is that the ones I collected, I put on display, but the ones I get now..I actually use.

Park specific watches. I think I'm still compensating for not buying the limited edition (50) new year's day watch when I was there for the millennium new years.

The Vinylmation little guys are calling to me, though...

I collect Big Figs, pins, garden related items, WDCC, lenox, anything Haunted Mansion, Tinker Bell and Pirates of the Caribbean (ride not the movie)

On my last trip to Disney World in 2008 (the only other time being 1992) I was like, what's with all these pins everywhere. Let's not bother. Then I saw a really cute one. And another really cute one. And another really.... you get the idea. My collection has grown quite a bit since that trip. So... I really hadn't planned on becoming a pin collector but once I started it was a nice little thing to get into.

Probably this is not your ideal suggestion, but maybe you should just wait until your trip and see if something catches your fancy and build a collection from there.

As a side note, I also really love the Aristocats, so anytime I see anything from that movie it's very hard to resist. Mostly I just don't resist at all.... heh. So maybe picking a favourite movie to collect things from? It can be really fun if you choose something a little more on the obscure side.

We collect old Disneyland souvenir plates and teacups. We have about 25 plates, some dating back to the late 50's. The teacups are adorable! We have about 20 or so, starting with those released in the early 60's. I know they're old fashioned and our curio cabinet looks like something that belongs in my grandmothers house, but I just love looking at them.

We also collect old Disney advertisements.

I don't intentionally seek out particularly themed items, but if I were to, I would say I tend to lean towards vintage IASW memorabilia.

I started with disney beanies then I must of grew up because I switched to snowglobes. My family would get me one for christmas from the disney store but then the quality started to go downhill. Now I only get one from the parks and only if it is really unique. (my favorite is a villian one I got in 2001)

We were just there in Feb and this was the first time I became aware of the vinylmations, now I'm in trouble with that!!

I am a sucker for the older charm bracelets. I got hooked on them back in 2005 and I adore them.

I just stumbled across one from the year I was born (1958), and found the ad from an old Disney souvineer magazine for that bracelet.....it sold for $1.30in the park.

Some that is fun and gets you out of the house is Penny Pressing. There are many websites dedicated to it and so many locations.

I live in PA and we traveled to Philadelphia to Pittsburgh to Gettysburg and even to the beach in NJ. It is little weekend trips that give you a place to go and something collect :)

DS does this. He has ones from the zoos in San Diego, Phoenix, and Jacksonville, the US Midway, from WDW and DL (over course) and even some from this amusement park DD went to in Kansas City, among others.

DD collects pins and snowglobes. I collect magnets and keychains (and used to collect bells, but haven't for the last 20 years--they just sit in boxes now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter