• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difference from Deluxe to Value

jtdaly

Disneylady2009
I would really love to hear from some others about their experiences between deluxe and value resorts at Disney World. I had only stayed at deluxe and moderate until my last visit and we tried a value resort due to my daughter wanting to. I was sadly disappointed with the staff and their customer service. Was I expecting too much? Help?

As PP said...

Location, Location, Location. Many of the deluxe are conveniently located to at least one theme park (some in walking distance) and offer other modes of transportation in addition to buses.

Dining...Deluxe have more than 1 restaurant (some of the best restaurant in Disney are in deluxe resorts) along with counter service / fast food.

Room Size...Deluxe rooms are bigger and many can accommodate up to 5 people.

Privacy: Deluxe resorts your room entrance in on the inside of a building. Moderate and Values have entrance to room from outside so depending upon where you room is you can be subject to noise from outside plus if you leave your room curtains open there's the chance of people walking by and looking in your room.

The main appeal of deluxe resorts for me is LOCATION. We particularly like EPCT resorts (BW, BC, YC) because they are so close to EPCOT and DHS...you can walk to both if you want or take a boat. Plus Fantasia mini golf course is nearby and you have access to the restaurants and gifts shops of 3 nice resorts without having to take a bus to a park and another bus to a resort.

The other aspects aren't as important because we're usually out of our room most of the day. Basically we sleep, shower and get dressed in room. Even if we go back in the afternoon it's to hang out by the pool, not in the room.

It's really like asking what's the difference between the filet and the ground chuck.

Both will have a details theme, but they are set up completely differently. Value's tend to be more campus style - lots of buildings to fit lots of people in.

Dining is different as well. There is no table service at any of the Value Resorts.

It is a drastic change from a Deluxe to a Value - I would recommend lots of research to avoid disappointment.

Even though I have a few favorites, I find the deluxes way overpriced for what you get. The moderates are a good compromise IMO particularly since we normally have a car.

Deluxe rooms often have balconies.

Deluxe theming is more 'adult' in style. Values rooms/resorts have a child's or teenager's style IMHO.

Deluxe resorts have more elaborate grounds.

deluxe resorts rarely have huge groups of teenagers staying there. Values on the other hand seem to have teen groups often.

……..plus everything PP's said

We only stay at deluxe, now, because of location. The amenities the deluxe offers aren't that important to us, and we've noticed no difference in resort service quality. We're just willing to pay more for location.
:goodvibes

We only stay at deluxe, now, because of location. The amenities the deluxe offers aren't that important to us, and we've noticed no difference in resort service quality. We're just willing to pay more for location.
:goodvibes

Oh yes...deluxes really make our trip. :goodvibes

Moderates and Duluxes also have a hot tub.. which is the only thing I miss at a Value.

What everyone else said hahaha....plus, specific to WL which is deluxe, we love having the bunk beds. My kids are DD (14) and DS (8) so they don't like sleeping in same bed and bedtime is so much easier with each of them having their own space.

Talking on beds.....values I believe are doubles which mods and deluxe are mostly queen. That is huge for some people.

We too are deluxe people and our favorite is WL. We love that if it is raining we can still wander around and do stuff without getting wet, love the balconies so hubby and I can have a drink while the kids sleep, and they just seem to have a quieter more relaxed feel to them.

On the other hand, when staying in a deluxe resort, I kinda miss the variety of the value resort's food court. When you go to your value room, its fun to see the guests' stuffed animal arrangements that the mouse keeping CM's leave in the room windows.
(Moderate resorts also have food courts and outside entries)

Talking on beds.....values I believe are doubles which mods and deluxe are mostly queen. That is huge for some people.

This is our big problem with the values and with some moderates. We have a king bed at home and going down to a double is just too much of a size difference. We felt really cramped at AllStars the one night we stayed there. We really like POFQ, OTOH.

for us our first value was staying at AoA in a Family Suite.
AoA had better bus service than any other deluxe.

The front desk service was wonderful at both places. However I waited forever at AoA - just sheer volume of people they couldn't keep up.

I loved the food court but missed having easy access to table service restaurants.

The kids got over the lack of slide - they loved the big blue.

AoA family suite had 2 bathrooms! So for a little less $$ than the deluxe our AMs were so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter