• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Difference between cat. 05E, 06A & 06B on Fantasy?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at booking a last minute cruise. It appears the difference between cat 06A, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 8, 9, 10 and cat 06B, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 5, 6 and 7 is about $60. For around $200 more, we can go with Category 05E, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Decks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, which is described as an 'over-sized' verandah.

Can someone help me out with what the 'real' difference is between these categories? We'd use our verandah for stargazing (we're amateur astronomers) so we'd like to be able to sit outside and see the sky. Does the deck level make a difference for that?

The difference is what deck the cabin is located on, the higher the deck the more expensive the cabin.

5E staterooms are all far aft and I think they all may have larger verandahs.
6A staterooms are all aft (not far aft) on Decks 8 and 9.
6B staterooms are all aft (not far aft) on Decks 5, 6 and 7.
The far aft staterooms on Deck 5 are Category 6B and 7A rather than 5E. This could be because they are on the lowest of the verandah decks or because they are located over the nightclub and are thus less desirable.

Higher decks are more popular than lower decks, and toward midship is more popular than being at either furthest end of the ship, forward or aft. The staterooms furthest forward are not verandah staterooms.

Learned all this doing research for a booking (chose the category 6A).

Thanks Nala! :love:That's a perfect description for a newb like me. With I'm leaning toward 6A. Have you taken your trip yet? I'd love to hear how you liked the room.

pick a room number from each catagorie. then google it. i found my room (a 5e), someone had taken a video and posted it on youtube.
this may answer some of your questions about what the rooms and verandas are like.
just a thought. as i said, worked for me.

Thanks Nala! :love:That's a perfect description for a newb like me. With I'm leaning toward 6A. Have you taken your trip yet? I'd love to hear how you liked the room.

No, it's not until January on the Dream. I have other cruises this year, but no verandahs.

If I were a stargazer, I would do some research into the 5E staterooms with the larger verandahs. I thought those looked pretty neat but was looking for connecting staterooms and the 6 just made more sense at the time besides being a bit cheaper.

No, it's not until January on the Dream. I have other cruises this year, but no verandahs.

We'll be going on the Dream this coming January. How was the weather during your January cruise? I've done my research for weather, sunset times, and all that, but it's always good to hear from someone who's actually been there. Thanks!!

My last cruise was on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean in January. The weather was perfect. The water was warm but a little cool at CC.

I have stayed in all the categories you are looking at and if I could book a 5E that wasn't on deck 10 I would. We were in a 5E on deck 10 and very early every morning we were woken up by chairs being moved in Cabanas. Please read 5E review on the stateroom you are looking into as PP mentioned. There are noise, vibration and soot issues for these staterooms, some more then others.

We were also on the Dream this January and the weather was beautiful. The water was definitely cool at Castaway Cay, but not unbearable. The water in the Aqua Duck was really cold; I don't remember it being that cold on previous cruises that were in March and July, perhaps it was the cool wind that made it seem colder.

Anything the Bahamas can throw at us is better than winter at home!

I was in 6088 on the Fantasy and loved it. It is aft, as in totally looking off the back end of the ship. It was a 6B. The verandah was huge and had a louder and a chair. We looked at the stars as well and have it booked for next summer as well. Hope this helped!

Any opinions on 5D rooms?

Those are located on Deck 6. Most of them have other staterooms above and below (I think the only exceptions are 6146, 6148, 6646, and 6648, which have a "mystery area" below), so most of them should be very quiet. What I don't know is, whether or not the view from the verandah is partially blocked by the extra-large verandahs below. Somebody who has stayed on Deck 6 should be able to answer that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter